• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce help

DeauxJoe

Daisy Picker
Supporter
Minuteman
Sep 15, 2011
Thibodaux, La
I bought a NF 8-32x56 It has the Mil recticle but MOA turrents. First off what is the benifit of this combination? Where can I find information on how to use this combination? Or do I just need to start converting on my own? Or can I send it to NF and have them put Mil turrents on it? Any advice?

-Joe

Re: Nightforce help

I don't know of any benefit with that combo. Typically, you want matching reticle/turrets. NF can convert it, but I think the wait time is extremely long at the moment. You may want to call them and find out.

Otherwise, just use it as is and learn it. With known ranges its not too big of deal.

You can send it to NF if you want but it might cost a bit. I personally dont find an advantage to the combination but then again i'm still green in LR.
I started on Mil/ Moa and just do the conversion. It can be a PITA but if you have the time go for it or if you have a ballistics program you might as well use it.

I have since switched to the NP-R1. Its just easier for me to make my adjustments with matching turrets/ reticles

This site is a treasure trove of information so check the stickies in the top of this forum.

Click Here for some formula information. its just a reference someone gave to me.

I would suggest learning to convert and move on to whatever your preference is. Hope this helps

Bryan

Can set up a target with markers at 4MOA for Mil Dot or 2MOA for MLR - have correct distance and ease back on magnification until it subtends on the money then mark exactly where it is. Then you have a MOA reticle and matching turrets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dope your rifle and scope; move on with life. </div></div>

+1 Best advice

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Voyagertwelve</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dogman</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dope your rifle and scope; move on with life. </div></div>

+1 Best advice </div></div>

Lol thanks

I wasn't being sarcastic. Learn the limitations of your equipment then move on/up when you know your needs or your skills exceed your equipment.

No I agree, I am just still learing in the LR game all together. Honestly my rig is far beyond me and I am just trying to make sure I learn correctly. I could half ass it, as in just walk rounds in and go from there, but I am just trying to be a little more techincial. I would like to be able to take a range and dial it in and be making first and second round contacts.

I sent NXS NPR2 back and had MLR reticle and HS mil turrets installed with zero stops. Took 4 weeks. $535 if I remember right. Look on NF website and find the price sheet in the library section.