• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Impact Test - SHOT Show 2023

At this point I own
ZCO
NF
S&B
Khales
SWFA
ACOG

They all work. Khales and S&B have failed once but repaired in a VERY timely fashion and have not failed again. I am not brand loyal to optics like I am with sticks

This about sums it up.
You are as dry as dust. So emotional about your drop tests and nightfarce scopes, you can't see straight.
Literally every response i've made was in Jest.

The fact it has to be explained to you.........

"just about sums it up"

Dumbass

Reactions: Gohring65
Dick fight.gif

Say it louder and in braille for those billy badasses in the back who never wore PPE!
Yeah I know, it’s a big thing now. Everyone has to get into a bubble to function. A lot of them believe mask work. Ha!
If you want to argue about PPE go over to Facebook and joins eastern loggers or tri state loggers chapter, tell them Bill Gohring sent ya and you’re the PPE police. Lol If you think this place is bad, buckle up. Lol
Tell them I said they’re a bunch of brush cutting tree trimmers and they bought their husky saws with food stamps.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: clark33
I can see my old neighbor mowing with this still wearing hearing, eye and ear protection.
Humans are becoming soft.
Low t, high estrogen is actually a proven fact.
Lol obviously you know nothing about that symbol

Lol obviously you know nothing about that symbol
Definitely, cause I don’t know what symbol you’re talking about. All I see is grass stained new balance shoes, tube socks, and a Nightforce hat. Baddest mudder fugger in the cul de sac. Lol
The OG at bingo Wednesday nights.

Last edited:
I'm guessing you're one of his friends. Here you go:

Yeah, tighten those little 6-48 screws to over twice their rating. Solid advice.
I don’t know him from Adam.

Thanks. Haven’t seen that. Some of his posts are bizarre, but then he backtracked a bit.

On another note, he did offer to show you everything in person. Are you going to take him up on his offer? If not why not? Given the chance, I would in a heartbeat.

You are as dry as dust. So emotional about your drop tests and nightfarce scopes, you can't see straight.
Literally every response i've made was in Jest.

The fact it has to be explained to you.........

"just about sums it up"

Dumbass
It’s obvious you are vaccinated. Go back to the campfire.

I don’t know him from Adam.

Thanks. Haven’t seen that. Some of his posts are bizarre, but then he backtracked a bit.

On another note, he did offer to show you everything in person. Are you going to take him up on his offer? If not why not? Given the chance, I would in a heartbeat.

His offer was for me to buy any NF off the shelf and send it to him with a $5K bet whether it would pass his tests with him performing them. Yeah, let me get right on that 😂

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
His offer was for me to buy any NF off the shelf and send it to him with a $5K bet whether it would pass his tests with him performing them. Yeah, let me get right on that 😂
Bullshit. He did mention that at first, but then was going to show you the shit he typed in person. You bitched out. Why?

Dudes pay good money to Military snipers for lessons. Why would someone refuse free? Something doesn’t add up.

Hi, I'm TM and I'm a scope slut. I feel like I just need to get this off my chest...over the years I have, in fact, owned, used, and enjoyed Leupolds, Nightforce, Schmidt & Bender, SWFA, Bushnell, Vortex, Burris, Sig, and Nikon scopes. Ugh...even the occasional Simmons and Tasco if I felt like gutter surfing. omg...this all feels so liberating to get out in the open so I can just live my truth and be me.
Yeh... that's just wrong..

And I can't unsee it. I read the whole thing.

Bullshit. He did mention that at first, but then was going to show you the shit he typed in person. You bitched out. Why?

Dudes pay good money to Military snipers for lessons. Why would someone refuse free? Something doesn’t add up.

If I was around the corner from him, sure I’d go just for entertainment purposes and pick apart every part of his process. But why would I travel a couple thousand miles and waste that time and money I’ll never get back to learn something from someone that thinks the proper way to torque down a picatinny rail is to start to strip the fucking screws?

• Haha
If I was around the corner from him, sure I’d go just for entertainment purposes and pick apart every part of his process. But why would I travel a couple thousand miles and waste that time and money I’ll never get back to learn something from someone that thinks the proper way to torque down a picatinny rail is to start to strip the fucking screws?
Fair enough. I guess it has something to do with personality, as I would do it in a heartbeat.

I torque 6-48 screws to 25-30 inch pounds, and have never come close to stripping anything out. How much more one can go is up for debate, but I won’t be doing that myself.

Most base screws that are torx are at the mercy of the bit used. I’ve never stripped a receiver although that’s a easy fix, but I have broken plenty of torx bits and striped the screw heads, again easy fix.
The bits always shatter first.
Less than a half hour and it would be improved with #8 screws.

Most base screws that are torx are at the mercy of the bit used. I’ve never stripped a receiver although that’s a easy fix, but I have broken plenty of torx bits and striped the screw heads, again easy fix.
The bits always shatter first.
Less than a half hour and it would be improved with #8 screws.
I use a snap-on torque driver along with their bit set, and nothing strips. Ever. Quit using cheap shit. No wonder so many people have problems.

I use a snap-on torque driver along with their bit set, and nothing strips. Ever. Quit using cheap shit. No wonder so many people have problems.
I do to, I use it to rebuild transmissions. Cheap shit isn’t the problem, it’s the size of the bit. I don’t put a cheap bit inside a 20.000$ log skidder transmission. Lol
Cheap shit! Lol you probably couldn’t afford my drill press. Lol

I do to, I use it to rebuild transmissions. Cheap shit isn’t the problem, it’s the size of the bit.
Cheap shit! Lol you probably couldn’t afford my drill press. Lol
Don’t know then. I have abused those bits (even the tiny ones), with no issues.

You claim to have all this money, but you buy Arken scopes? 🤣
I like Mike and Arken. I got one of their barrels in route with a 700 in Pieces waiting on it. I’m currently switching out all of my budget scopes to ep5s to match the reticles. You don’t know anything about me, or you’d know most of my money from logging goes towards nursing very sick drug addicted baby’s back to health for my local county.
I got a little one right now that was born in a hall way of a trap house already fucked up on heroin, from other fuickin selfish stupid humans. That’s why I budget my toys. I’m going to adopt this little one, you wouldn’t do that would you, you wouldn’t do drugs while pregnant would you bitch?
These newborns have special needs and it’s expensive. Last I checked it was over 30,000$ to adopt a child.
Don’t talk to me about money, there’s priorities and then there’s fuckin superficial wants like gun shit. I don’t need to spend high amounts of dollars to shoot, most of you do it for the prestige. It’s fuckin shallow.
YOU FUCKS DINT KNOW SHIT!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Lol I’ve seen 2 broken Arkens at matches already. And they were in my squad. And I only shoot a few per year.

Lol I’ve seen 2 broken Arkens at matches already. And they were in my squad. And I only shoot a few per year.
That doesn’t matter to me, if they break I send them back. I consider Mike a friend and just phone call away. I’m not going to Kiev with them. If it fails during a match and you get fighting mad about it, then that’s your parents fault for always saying you’re a winner instead of “you’re special”.

No idea if it is marketing fluff or not.

I've owned Nightforce products for almost 25 years and have never had an issue with any of them. I'll admit that they are pricey, and may have some feature quirks, but I'm happy with their performance.

Their customer service is excellent. I had to use it once to change a reticle and it went super smooth.

Edit to add: I have Simmons, Nightforce, Cabelas, Burris, Bushnell, BSA, Vortex, and Primary Arms scopes in my safe.

Last edited:
Needless to say this thread went to hell in a hand basket. For what it’s worth I’ve owned pretty much every tier 1 optic and multiple copies. I’ve sent them all back at some point except my ZCO’s. Not saying they don’t break but that’s my experience with the 5 I’ve owned so far.
That being said, I’d be willing to do a scope test if we can come up with a reasonable way to test the scopes I own, and if anyone wants to send any to participate. I just don’t want to drag them behind my car at 60 MPH down the freeway. I don’t want to break them to the point the companies say they won’t fix them and I’m out the money.

In regards to the NF video, I’d be more than happy next year to bring my own NF and give it to them at the table to see if they’ll do the test. I’ll also ask them to pull a random one off the display wall and do the test. If they don’t I think that should show some bias toward the specific scope they are using for the “testing”. I certainly don’t see why they’d have a problem doing any of the above and I can film the whole thing unedited so nothing gets misconstrued.

Last edited:
Needless to say this thread went to hell in a hand basket. For what it’s worth I’ve opened pretty much every tier 1 optic and multiple copies. I’ve sent them all back at some point except my ZCO’s. Not saying they don’t break but that’s my experience with the 5 I’ve owned so far.
That being said, I’d be willing to do a scope test if we can come up with a reasonable way to test the scopes I own, and if anyone wants to send any to participate. I just don’t want to drag them behind my car at 60 MPH down the freeway. I don’t want to break them to the point the companies say they won’t fix them and I’m out the money.

In regards to the NF video, I’d be more than happy next year to bring my own NF and give it to them at the table to see if they’ll do the test. I’ll also ask them to pull a random one off the display wall and do the test. If they don’t I think that should show some bias toward the specific scope they are using for the “testing”. I certainly don’t see why they’d have a problem doing any of the above and I can film the whole thing unedited so nothing gets misconstrued.
While you’re at it, ask NF to smack the turrets, parallax, and eyepiece.

Now we are getting somewhere. Not only that, but how can one verify that the scope goes back exactly in the same spot every time? It doesn’t take much movement to have a POI shift.

I certainly can. Not sure if they will, but as said I’ll film the whole thing.
FWIW I like NF, I’ve owned multiple. They have my all time favorite reticle in the mil-xt. They do have a great marketing team and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, people who blindly follow because one had a bullet hole in it that many other scopes would survive, or because “military” is pretty ridiculous. Otherwise we’d all be driving hummers, jeeps, and shooting Remington 700’s.

FWIW I like NF, I’ve owned multiple. They have my all time favorite reticle in the mil-xt. They do have a great marketing team and there’s nothing wrong with that. However, people who blindly follow because one had a bullet hole in it that many other scopes would survive, or because “military” is pretty ridiculous. Otherwise we’d all be driving hummers, jeeps, and shooting Remington 700’s.
The only thing I disagree about is the Mil-XT 😂. I much prefer the Mil-C.

I’ve also got nothing against the higher NF lines. I’ve had multiple ATACRs, also Tangent Theta, Kahles, zero compromise, Gen 2 Razor, Mark 5 HD, Bushnell elite, Eotech, trijicon, Nikon, etc.

Marketing or not, I’d like them to give a whack to the spots that have moving parts or at least see them say no.

Reactions: Covertnoob5
Want me to send my stump with you?

Needless to say this thread went to hell in a hand basket. For what it’s worth I’ve owned pretty much every tier 1 optic and multiple copies. I’ve sent them all back at some point except my ZCO’s. Not saying they don’t break but that’s my experience with the 5 I’ve owned so far.
Best scopes on the market and they can’t even handle ARC rings

(this is a joke to mask my anger about not being able to afford one)