• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Impact Test - SHOT Show 2023

I wanted reiterate, I like trolling trolls. Got to admit, my mission in this thread was predictable. It was hook line and sinker.

Apparently you’ve never experienced cocaine and hookers and it shows.

Claiming this as a win is like winning the special Olympics 😂

Yeah it was a easy catch. I’m not going claim it.

I don’t think you understand how this works. Just like your self title you have given yourself to make yourself feel better when you get trolled, you don’t know how that works either. To yourself you’re a hero in a cape but to everyone else you’re just a retard.

I don’t think you understand how this works. Just like your self title you have given yourself to make yourself feel better when you get trolled, you don’t know how that works either. To yourself you’re a hero in a cape but to everyone else you’re just a retard.
Keep trying fuck boy. I got broad shoulders. Don’t think this is my fist time on the internet. You came in here to get your crème pie from bashing Burris Birdogg. All you got was a shit sandwich.
So I spent the next hour fuckin with you. Lol
I do this for fun bud. It’s the only time I post here. Mainly because all the real info and data sharing now takes place thru private messages and phone text. This place is for fuckin with you.

Keep trying fuck boy. I got broad shoulders. Don’t think this is my fist time on the internet. You came in here to get your crème pie from bashing Burris Birdogg. All you got was a shit sandwich.
So I spent the next hour fuckin with you. Lol
I do this for fun bud. It’s the only time I post here. Mainly because all the real info and data sharing now takes place thru private messages and phone text. This place is for fuckin with you.

😂😂😂

Legend in your own mind.

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
This is to nobody in particular and I'm uploading it here since folks who don't know about this particular test could find this informative.

I don't trust tests, and tests are only as good as the folks who conduct the tests. The irony is that it took the test I'm uploading here, to prove the failings of the drop tests that declared the firearm in question "drop safe".

It's impressive for somebody to beat a scope on a table vigorously, and then return it to zero, but of course there's the possibility that you break a scope into several pieces doing that, which you might've shot for the next 20 years w/it returning to zero, if you hadn't beaten it on the table.

No matter how thorough folks are, even scientists who're trained on how to do tests, can fuck up, and fuck up badly. Ask the Hubble telescope folks about checking their math B4 they shot Hubble into outer space.

Some folks are probably familiar w/the concept of "inertia discharge", I uploaded this as a GLARING example of folks who conducted tests declaring a gun drop safe which after they conducted their drop tests turned out NOT TO BE SAFE.

A test is trying to figure out how something is supposed to perform or to last as expected in a certain set of conditions, but it ain't the "end all"/"be all".

There was a boatload of vitriol/acrimony/shouting/personal attacks/insults that was going on about "inertia discharge" which then lost quite a bit a steam after folks watched this video.

B4 this video "spelled it out", some folks couldn't get their heads around the fact that a pistol could be dropped (traveling backwards-trigger first) and as it accelerated toward the floor, enough energy is dumped into the trigger enabling the trigger to continue to travel backwards as the pistol stops at the floor.

This video isn't about a scope, but it's relevant re the issue/validity of tests. It's ironic that a blind belief in one set of tests almost got some folks killed, until another test proved those tests wrong.

Let's be honest, he isn't smacking it all that hard. If that is the "impact" test that they all go through, that isn't all that impressive. Now if Mythbusters was still around and they torture tested it, then we'd have some real data. And the shotgun video is dumb. It was frozen in ice and took no real damage from the shotgun. Both shots hit the ice. The nail was the best smacks in the video but saying that proved zero is a stretch. The plate looked like at least an 8" at 100 yards and the explosive was at least 4x6 looking. All that proved was they could still hit a fairly large target at 100 yards.

Reactions: Tokay444
Threads like this make me wish some of our independently wealthy members here would just fucking bang some scopes together already and make a video about it lol.

Tracking tests, ape-banging, men with white coats, gleaming destructo machines, shattering NF, TT, and Tasco etc scopes. Pay Garand Thumb and provide the calibrated equipment, accelerometers, high-speed cameras, donuts, and whatever.

C’mon you Uncle Scrooge’s! Take a (small, to you) one for the team!

• Haha
Reactions: BurtG
Burris scopes have passed those tests a thousand times. Constantly, ad nauseum. That's how scopes are made, by pretty much everyone.

The fact that you don't know that shows you how ridiculous all your keyboard warrior sniping really is.

I won't argue with you further. As always, I'll let everyone read what you say and decide for themselves how serious they want to take you. 😉
You still haven’t explained how a scope shaker tests for zero retention. I’m not knocking any particular manufacturer(most of them use the scope shakers), but it’s mostly a useless test. Nothing but fluff.

Threads like this make me wish some of our independently wealthy members here would just fucking bang some scopes together already and make a video about it lol.

Tracking tests, ape-banging, men with white coats, gleaming destructo machines, shattering NF, TT, and Tasco etc scopes. Pay Garand Thumb and provide the calibrated equipment, accelerometers, high-speed cameras, donuts, and whatever.

Some guys have done some testing of products on their own dime and they get shit on but people who did nothing.

So they stopped

Reactions: carbonbased
Some guys have done some testing of products on their own dime and they get shit on but people who did nothing.

So they stopped
Yeah, Frank & Mark’s testing, right? Seemed like some manufacturers might’ve grumbled as well which didn’t help things. Maybe I’m wrong.

Or did I miss some other people’s test? Not talking about the Rokslide tests, which the leader of that scope-testing band is a strange fellow and sorta hurts the cred of those tests, unfortunately.

But if some anonymous someone with the cash had Mr. Garand do a well-designed, impartial, extensive test…well that would be interesting.

I had videos years back hitting my scopes every which way with a rubber mallet/sledge (didn’t want to destroy the finish obviously)…idk how much force I used, but I’d have to hold the rifle to keep from knocking it over sideways on the bench

Can’t remember if I posted them here or just in our local FB match group, but people got a good laugh out of it lol…scopes held up tho

Even still, that only proves my one example held up, don’t mean much for every other sample out there

In one match, I not so gently dropped my cleared gas gun out of a small car window after the stage while tryin to climb out…rifle fell in a way it twisted and landed straight on the scope objective on gravel…it shifted something hard enough my scope cover no longer fit between the scope and rail…zero was off by over a mil in elevation and windage @ 100 yds

Got home, took the rings off the rail and remounted…got my scope cover clearance back and it was right back to being zero’d on a 3/4” dot…seen a few other rifles take similar tumbles with similar results over the years also

Reactions: carbonbased
That's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever seen...

You know they make these fancy machines that shake, rattle, roll, and drop scopes for testing. Pretty much every scope manufacturer has them. There's no need to go all gorilla on a barstool to prove your scope is durable just like everyone else's.

Bro..........don't you know that Burris don't hold zero. Shit, drop it 3' onto the snowy ground and it'll lose zero. Of course, it couldn't be the mounts/rings/bases/rifle bedding. Just go to "RokShill".com and find out for yourself. Lots of "drop tests" over there. Funny how nothing but "nightfarce" ever seems to pass the "test"

• Haha
Reactions: Birddog6424
Bro..........don't you know that Burris don't hold zero. Shit, drop it 3' onto the snowy ground and it'll lose zero. Of course, it couldn't be the mounts/rings/bases/rifle bedding. Just go to "RokShill".com and find out for yourself. Lots of "drop tests" over there. Funny how nothing but "nightfarce" ever seems to pass the "test"
Maybe you should do some reading before posting outright lies. Makes you look retarded. Nightforce isn’t the only manufacturer passing tests.

Maybe you should do some reading before posting outright lies. Makes you look retarded. Nightforce isn’t the only manufacturer passing tests.
Slow down and re-read it, if you can’t pick up the sarcasm in that post get off the internet.

Reactions: screaminweasil
It took me 30 seconds to find “passing” results on a ZP5, Trijicon Tenmile, SWFA 6x, and S&B Klassik, along with the two NF scopes tested. You can choose not to trust the tester or results, but your reasoning is clearly misguided.

It took me 30 seconds to find “passing” results on a ZP5, Trijicon Tenmile, SWFA 6x, and S&B Klassik, along with the two NF scopes tested. You can choose not to trust the tester or results, but your reasoning is clearly misguided.
Tongue and cheek "Form".........Tongue and cheek. Either way, the tests are bogus for a multitude of reasons

Also, I've never seen him/they test a Burris XTR3................or a Bushnell XRS3, DMR3, or any Burris or Bushnell for that matter.

Tongue in cheek "Form".........Tongue in cheek. Either way, the tests are bogus for a multitude of reasons
That’s fine. I’m just bothered by the way idea that the LHT has to be as durable as every other razor, even at half the cost and half the weight. It doesn’t make sense and never has. How that became such a shitstorm is beyond me.

EDIT: flawed as it may be, the results have been pretty predictable. Lightweight full featured scopes fail, heavy ones pass. Want durable and light? Get a fixed power.

Slow down and re-read it, if you can’t pick up the sarcasm in that post get off the internet.
He’s not being sarcastic. He has an emotional attachment to his scope, in which he has no trust. Therefore he must hate on anyone with a different view.

Last edited:
What reasons? Be specific.
Who purposefully drops their scope multiple times from 3'.......Question #1
#2........who justifies that the "shooter" is consistent enough to determine minute shifts in POI regardless of 10 shot groups in a given day. He is a human shooting, vs a static fixture testing or a "ransom rest".

#3 How the Fugg do you not think that Human Bias isn't entering into the equation. This is a test performed by one "human" and not a blind test either?

#4 What proof do you have (other than your own inexperience) That "Formidilosis" isn't FULL of SHIT

#5, #6, #7...............want me to keep going?

Welp, thought I’d contribute…

Attachments

• BC0377A6-F14A-49FC-9C9F-EBED30F3F766.jpeg
    BC0377A6-F14A-49FC-9C9F-EBED30F3F766.jpeg
    26.2 KB · Views: 44
Reactions: Gohring65
That’s fine. I’m just bothered by the way idea that the LHT has to be as durable as every other razor, even at half the cost and half the weight. It doesn’t make sense and never has. How that became such a shitstorm is beyond me.

EDIT: flawed as it may be, the results have been pretty predictable. Lightweight full featured scopes fail, heavy ones pass. Want durable and light? Get a fixed power.

It's not just the LHT, they parrot "doesn't hold zero" even when a standard 3lbs Razor Gen 2 gets discussed. They simply don't like Vortex. The king of the fudds even claims that the 1-6 which has a track record of bomb proof reliability and SOCOM uses "doesn't hold zero" and isn't reliable and that he knows some military guys that can back that up. LOL.

If it's not a NF, SWFA, or Trijicon it "doesn't hold zero". It's never "my scope crapped out", "my erector assembly came apart", "it doesn't track" it's ALWAYS "doesn't hold zero". Just like any boots that aren't Cripi's or Schnee's "leak", never any other more common failure with boots either.

Same guy claims like 20K rounds or something insane on original T3's with no failures, that have a common bolt stop failure. Not to mention theres no barrel thats going last that long, not even 223 or 308 and shoot worth a fuck. Yet they're claiming to burn it down shooting 30 round groups with a pencil barrel.

Reactions: YotaEer
What reasons? Be specific.

I'll see if I can find the thread but last week a guy posted asking what to torque his rail to his Ruger American to and then the ring cap screws and cross bolts. He got on the thread telling the guy the 20-30inlbs isn't enough and it would lose zero if dropped and that it needs to be tighter. He literally told the guy to use the allen wrench, NOT the torque wrench with the guy had and tighten them until they start to strip... WHAT?

All on 6-48 screws that had a 20inlbs recommendation from the manufacturer and has like a 25-28inlbs max torque rating for the screws themselves.

So would you trust someone that gives advice like that?

Who purposefully drops their scope multiple times from 3'.......Question #1
#2........who justifies that the "shooter" is consistent enough to determine minute shifts in POI regardless of 10 shot groups in a given day. He is a human shooting, vs a static fixture testing or a "ransom rest".

#3 How the Fugg do you not think that Human Bias isn't entering into the equation. This is a test performed by one "human" and not a blind test either?

#4 What proof do you have (other than your own inexperience) That "Formidilosis" isn't FULL of SHIT

#5, #6, #7...............want me to keep going?
#1 Probably someone who wants to see what works, and what doesn’t? Since manufacturers don’t do sufficient testing, it looks like the consumer is the tester. Pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.
#2 Your inexperience is obvious here. I get it, I used to think the same way. Once you get around guys who live to compete, It will change your mind. They can shoot like a machine. 100 yards is nothing for distance.
#3 and #4
It’s pretty obvious you haven’t read the shit you are commenting on. Which makes you look foolish. Of course there might be bias. That’s why he said to test your own shit, and not trust their testing.
Form isn’t the only one involved. But again, you would know that if you had put in some effort and read shit instead of assuming.

Actually they have chucked them across the parking lot, from the second story. Lol. And it held zero.
Vortex: uses that fancy equipment to check what percentage of the scopes they ship out the door? Less than 5% I would guess. Do you know the answer?
Nightforce: impact tests 100% of the atacr, nsx, and nx8 that ship out the door. Less than 1% come back for warranty repair.
Frank told me I was a giant asshole last time I asked.

But Nightforce is the shit. ZCO was started by NF bigwig(s)

ZCO. when ya gonna do NF style torture tests ?

I'll see if I can find the thread but last week a guy posted asking what to torque his rail to his Ruger American to and then the ring cap screws and cross bolts. He got on the thread telling the guy the 20-30inlbs isn't enough and it would lose zero if dropped and that it needs to be tighter. He literally told the guy to use the allen wrench, NOT the torque wrench with the guy had and tighten them until they start to strip... WHAT?

All on 6-48 screws that had a 20inlbs recommendation from the manufacturer and has like a 25-28inlbs max torque rating for the screws themselves.

So would you trust someone that gives advice like that?
Link? Sounds like a BS Story to me.

I’m as unbiased as it gets, don’t agree with everything they post, but scopes are fragile as fuck. I Have had many puke without being dropped. It’s totally believable that few survive a drop test.

How fuckin dare you talk down on my SHV!”
Aces franks scope test every time.

Just cause you can only afford “best warranty you’re gonna need it “ scopes doesn’t mean you need to talk bad about NF

Aces franks scope test every time.

Just cause you can only afford “best warranty you’re gonna need it “ scopes doesn’t mean you need to talk bad about NF
Ha! I like Nightforce, I don’t like the tools who scream from the roof tops their superiority. Not sure who needs to hear how great Nightforce is, they’ve proven it, buts it’s always fuck boys and retired guys. They need everyone to know.. some of them even wear the hat and gots them a Nightforce bumper sticker. Then they think they get to shame anyone who speaks out about it.

Old retired guys with their Harley gear and Nightforce.

Link? Sounds like a BS Story to me.

I’m as unbiased as it gets, don’t agree with everything they post, but scopes are fragile as fuck. I Have had many puke without being dropped. It’s totally believable that few survive a drop test.

I'm guessing you're one of his friends. Here you go:

Bases that are mounted with 20 to 30in-lbs for the screws, will 100% move with side impacts and general rough handing eventually (unless glued/bonded down the full length such as Tikka factory pic rails).

Degrease everything with alcohol or brake cleaner, loctite, paint pen, or nail polish the screws, then I go tight, tight- probably 65 in-lbs or more; or where the little Allen wrench starts to deform.

Nope. The base to receiver screws- sink screws (though you are making a case for not using a system that requires peeny little screws). I don’t use a torque wrench on them- I go tight using the allen/torque wrench that is generally provided, and go until I feel it is about to strip.

Yeah, tighten those little 6-48 screws to over twice their rating. Solid advice.

Reactions: Nik H
Ha! I like Nightforce, I don’t like the tools who scream from the roof tops their superiority. Not sure who needs to hear how great Nightforce is, they’ve proven it, buts it’s always fuck boys and retired guys. They need everyone to know.. some of them even wear the hat and gots them a Nightforce bumper sticker. Then they think they get to shame anyone who speaks out about it.

Old retired guys with their Harley gear and Nightforce.

You sound so fucking dumb. Most people on the internet are brand biased towards what they own. I has nothing to do with NF. But I can see how some smooth brain like yourself just sees it as that.

You sound so fucking dumb. Most people on the internet are brand biased towards what they own. I has nothing to do with NF. But I can see how some smooth brain like yourself just sees it as that.
Exactly!!! it has nothing to do with Nightforce, let’s make that very clear. It’s all about dicksmokers. You can read thru my several years of post, it’s never about the brand, it’s always about the scopelicker.

Exactly!!! it has nothing to do with Nightforce, let’s make that very clear. It’s all about dicksmokers. You can read thru my several years of post, it’s never about the brand, it’s always about the scopelicker.

Wouldn't your unjustified bias against certain brands that you have zero experience with qualify you under that same category? I would say so.

You continuously thump your chest about how anyone who likes NF is some sort of an elitist faggot and you're still doing it even after being made look to be a fool.

Wouldn't your unjustified bias against certain brands that you have zero experience with qualify you under that same category? I would say so.

You continuously thump your chest about how anyone who likes NF is some sort of an elitist faggot and you're still doing it even after being made look to be a fool.
Man… this whole thread was shit from the start. I seen a opportunity to try and trigger some tools. Slow down and think about it, all of my post was just trolling hypersensitive softies. I was just putting my daughter down for a nap and got bored.
Hell yeah biased towards brands.
I definitely have my favorites, but that’s not my entertainment, it’s fucking with you douches, i never put this bullshit in a serious thread. If you’re remotely educated you’d see my trigger post are painted with a broad brush, I like to include all age groups. Nothing personal I won’t even remember who you are and probably try to do business with you in the classifieds at some point, just like trolling Dicks with superiority complexes.

Last edited:
how is this thread still this active?

ive been involved in some epic shit lol

but this is about a product(s) that no one here has a working knowledge of the company or testing procedures

actually, no one here has any inside knowledge of any optics company other than the equipment they may use

how are you still arguing brand names

#1 Probably someone who wants to see what works, and what doesn’t? Since manufacturers don’t do sufficient testing, it looks like the consumer is the tester. Pretty obvious to anyone paying attention.
#2 Your inexperience is obvious here. I get it, I used to think the same way. Once you get around guys who live to compete, It will change your mind. They can shoot like a machine. 100 yards is nothing for distance.
#3 and #4
It’s pretty obvious you haven’t read the shit you are commenting on. Which makes you look foolish. Of course there might be bias. That’s why he said to test your own shit, and not trust their testing.
Form isn’t the only one involved. But again, you would know that if you had put in some effort and read shit instead of assuming.

I don't read non fiction.

I'm just a guy who can't shoot or properly mount a scope. My shit loses zero all the time. I really need to take a class, I can't afford to though, cause I'm too busy buying garbage scopes that won't hold zero.

At the risk of sounding foolish.......a wandering zero is an expensive bitch.

I should probably be around guys that "compete" more often. I hear they are like machines. Then I'd save money on ammo and maybe be able to figure out if it's me that's wandering when I fall down 3' on the Ice, or my zero??

I don't read non fiction.

I'm just a guy who can't shoot or properly mount a scope. My shit loses zero all the time. I really need to take a class, I can't afford to though, cause I'm too busy buying garbage scopes that won't hold zero.

At the risk of sounding foolish.......a wandering zero is an expensive bitch.

I should probably be around guys that "compete" more often. I hear they are like machines. Then I'd save money on ammo and maybe be able to figure out if it's me that's wandering when I fall down 3' on the Ice, or my zero??
9 times out of ten, a wondering scope problem was traced back to the rifle or base, very seldom have I come across a scope that won’t hold zero. Scopes now even cheap one will usually hold zero without dialing. I got a cheap cabelas on my 12 gauge slug gun that’s been thrown off atvs, dropped, thrown in the truck for 25 years. Still zeroed at 100 yards, I haven’t taken the turret caps off for 20 years. Most factory guns need all screws tightened, not just checked, they are always loose. They should remove the scope base and start over cleaning and torque or use lock tite or all three. A lot of scopes get a bad rep because Kyle had some kid at cabelas mount his scope.

8541 Tactical posted this video of a Nightforce scope being impact tested at SHOT Show 2023.

Glad to see John is still around. He hadn't posted anything since last years shot show and I wondered what happened to him.

Reactions: Ichi
How dare you own and like more than one optic company!!! :mad:

giphy.gif
Hi, I'm TM and I'm a scope slut. I feel like I just need to get this off my chest...over the years I have, in fact, owned, used, and enjoyed Leupolds, Nightforce, Schmidt & Bender, SWFA, Bushnell, Vortex, Burris, Sig, and Nikon scopes. Ugh...even the occasional Simmons and Tasco if I felt like gutter surfing. omg...this all feels so liberating to get out in the open so I can just live my truth and be me.