• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Lit Reticle Problem

4th Horseman

Private
Minuteman
Feb 25, 2005
Nevada
Can anyone help us out?

My office purchased 2 Nightforce NXS 3.5 x 15x50 (non zero stop) scopes for us. When we received them, neither of the scopes lit reticles worked. Assuming the batteries were bad, we mounted the scopes anyhow. Upon changing the batteries out, neither of the reticles function...

Has anyone else had any issues with the lit reticles...or are we doing something wrong?

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Nightforce Lit Reticle Problem

Hope you are not offended but are you sure you are not turning the parallax knob instead of pulling it straight out?

I will check....No not offended..:) Being offended, and feeling stupid is different
smile.gif
Thanks in advance...I will check it out and let you guys know. BC

I assume the scopes are new, but you may want to check the brightness adjustment( a small screw rheostat under where the battery lies). On my scopes I adjust the reticle illumination down so low it is only visible at night. I doubt very much you have two bad nightforce scopes.

Let us know how it turns out.

One other thing, they are shipped with the brightness set at a level that works perfect when ambiant light is low to none. You won't be able to see it against a bright background. After pulling the knob out, put your hand behind the objective lens to block the light. Is the retical lit? Under the cap is the adjustment pot. I'd adjust it carefully before sending it in. Good luck. I'm happy with both mine.

RT

what sandbog said

Sandbogg was spot on....rheostat adjustment...
Thanks to everyone for taking the time to post...The people on this site rocks.

BC

When I got my NF I had to adjust the rheostat to be able to see the illuninted reticle becaus it was set so low.

From what I understand, the larger NF scopes come from the factory with the illumination set to work with night vision equipment.

Mine came from the factory with a decent setting. Im at no threat of being detected by nightvision devices so I dont have to worry, but I like the brightness on my reticle.

I'll never use mine for nightvision purposes and have considered turning up the brightness for use on dull or overcast days when I'm shooting against a dark background.