• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Mil-Radian Turrents

Singlestack_Wonder

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 17, 2009
Curious as to why mil-radian turrets cost more then moa turrents? Seems odd as I would think most would want mil-radian turrents with the mil-dot reticle.
confused.gif

Re: Nightforce Mil-Radian Turrents

OK fixed. Now back to the topic. No reason for the higher cost other than it's desireable to have mil turrets with a mil ranging reticle?

Where are you seeing that they cost more? Everywhere I look they are the same price. If you want zero stop, then it is a cost increase.

Zero stop is what makes them cost more. I discovered the same thing. Instead of telling you that everyone has to get their digs in like they were abused children.

I understand that the zero stop option increases cost but it seems the same scope with mil turrets vs. moa costs more.

For example, on Euro Optics website, they list the NXS 2.5-10 with Mil-Dot reticle, .25moa turrets, and zero stop (C290) for $1544.

The same scope with .1mrad turrets (C291) lists for $1627.

Yes in case of the 2.5x10 I believe you are correct. It doesnt make sense to me either that they charge more for a scope just because it has a different unit of measure, but that's how the free markets work. That funny thing called demand I guess.