• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce "new" reticle for LPVO? FC-DMx

FFP 2-10x42 with this reticle... anyone? I like the reticle but not enough MPVO scopes with reticles like this.
100% agree with my amended version.
I don't fancy paying $1000 extra for the NF logo and to have a rubbish FOV and tunneling that makes it a 3-10.
Actually now you've mentioned it, they'll probably put clearer glass in the SHV 3-10 and sell it for 3k.

My somewhat joking pessimism aside, I too think we need more scopes like this.

Id be curious how that reticle looks in the 3-20.

If NF put the DMx reticle in the 2.5-20 that might even get me to try another one out.
I would be too. Kinda an interesting deal. Theoretically would make min power a different animal. Someone out there must be using it to some success.

I wonder if they’d even consider it.

Reactions: Glassaholic
ATACR FFP 2-10x42 with this reticle... anyone? I like the reticle but not enough MPVO scopes with reticles like this.
If they could keep the weight down it would be great and fill a bunch of roles. Put an offset red dot for the tactical role or just use it alone for a great hunting optic.

Dont quite understand the hate here. IMO, this reticle is much better than the original by a long shot. The original "donut" of the original reticle crowded the dot quite a bit at middle distance and really obstructed your target, this fixes that issue. You also a have two hold points above center that were not there before. Size of center dot appears to be (is it?) more precise than the original as well. The complaint about the 1x view confuses me. At 1x CQB distances a course aiming point is just fine. Heck most of the time if I am running an EOTech or similar, the ring is close is enough, I don't even look at the center dot. Anything precision-based past 100 gets a dial to at least 2.5x anyway. At this point I don't think there is an 8x FFP optic on the market with a reticle better suited to combat at varying distances.

Last edited:
Dont quite understand the hate here. IMO, this reticle is much better than the original by a long shot. The original "donut" of the original reticle crowded the dot quite a bit at middle distance and really obstructed your target, this fixes that issue. You also a have two hold points above center that were not there before. Size of center dot appears to be (is it?) more precise than the original as well. The complaint about the 1x view confuses me. At 1x CQB distances a course aiming point is just fine. Heck most of the time if I am running an EOTech or similar, the ring is close is enough, I don't even look at the center dot. Anything precision-based past 100 gets a dial to at least 2.5x anyway. At this point I don't think there is an 8x FFP optic on the market with a reticle better suited to combat at varying distances.
compared to old reticle at 1x what do you see at 1x with the new reticle ? a red dot ? a bullseye reticle ?

FA9630A1-8316-4D15-A064-BEC026B9F9C7.jpeg

here is mine on 1x hopefully helps some of you guys. If you zoom in you can really tell. I find it different then most lpvo on 1x but not a hindrance at all….this is also the flattest lpvo I’ve had on 1x and I’ve had most of them.

Cool , was that with max illumination ?
any regrets getting this optic say over vortex gen 3 1-10 ?
No that was like mid way it’s super bright. I sold my gen 3 to get this and am happy with my purchase. The glass is better and I like the reticle better as well. It’s also flatter on 1x then the gen 3….the gen 3 has some good things going though. The reticle is probably a little better on 1x(closer to the looks of a red dot) but if you’re shooting both eyes open it doesn’t matter. The eye box on 1x is better also but worse on the gen 3 at max mag. It ultimately came down to me wanting those two letters on the side of my scope. It gives you a warm feeling and seeing all these threads about my vortex imploded it gives peace of mind…. You know cause I’m a total operator.

Reactions: sharpshooter82
No that was like mid way it’s super bright. I sold my gen 3 to get this and am happy with my purchase. The glass is better and I like the reticle better as well. It’s also flatter on 1x then the gen 3….the gen 3 has some good things going though. The reticle is probably a little better on 1x(closer to the looks of a red dot) but if you’re shooting both eyes open it doesn’t matter. The eye box on 1x is better also but worse on the gen 3 at max mag. It ultimately came down to me wanting those two letters on the side of my scope. It gives you a warm feeling and seeing all these threads about my vortex imploded it gives peace of mind…. You know cause I’m a total operator.
Lol

thanks you have eased my worries about this reticle . I placed an backorder for one before knowing about the new reticle. Its going to replace my gen 1 vortex PST 2.5-10X on LMT sharpshooter rifle. I used to switch between the vortex and my aimpoint for cqb type shooting. The nightforce is going to replace both (might keep the vortex for 1000 yard stuff ) i shoot 0-1000 yards and service rifle competitons. I going to use nightforces scope mount due to its very light weight. AR-10 rifles are heavy beasts when fully loaded and scoped

The DMx is nicer with a clip-on for night stuff due to the more open center.

I like to shoot a lot at 2-3x, and the wider circle has a little bit of a flat spot on the bottom that's nice for close range offsets. Put the flat spot on top and send it.

Reactions: charnicus