• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NP-2DD Reticle?

kyhuntclub

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 20, 2013
Western KY
I am looking for some input on this reticle. I am about to purchase a new bolt gun and have been eying this for a NXS 8-32x56. This gun will mostly be used at the range to punch paper, ring steel and shoot pairie dogs once a year.

I have the ATACR and it works fine but I feel the reticle is a little much and too coarse for my likings.

Last edited:
I've got one in a 5.5-22x50 and like it very much. I use it primarily for midrange f-class and the aiming dot is very clean - for me it works much better than the NP-R1 or R2, especially since I'm not using holdovers. I think the center dot would be great on prairie dogs!

Many F class shooters, myself among them, are very fond of the NP-2DD. For target shooting I really like the small dot. I've never used the lower dot for anything. I've read Danny Biggs comment once that he used it on some really long (mileish) type target shooting because it's smaller and it adds several MOA in holdover to give you the travel to get out there.

I have the 2DD reticle on my pdog gun, and it has it's pros and cons. The pros far outweigh the cons, It is awesome! There are a few times when I wish I had an R1 reticle to make holdovers easier. But let's face it...they are prairie dogs, not terrorists...it really doesn't matter if it takes 2 or 3 shots to get the little buggers.

The NP-2DD is a dialers reticle. On an F class target you can hold off on the rings, but in any other application you are going to be twisting the knobs for your dope.