• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 and Unimount problem

fullbore

Private
Minuteman
  • Jul 12, 2018
    Hello Everyone

Wondering if you can help me with a question the clearance on my Nightforce Unimount 1.125" and the bottom housing of my Nightforce NX8 4-32x50.

I got this height mount as it matches up great on my KRG Bravo and still has a fair bit of clearance between the objective and barrel.

BUT......as you can see in the photos attached theres a very very minimal amount of clearance between my rail and scope. According to my feeler gauges theres only 0.002" or so.

Is this normal? Or have I stuffed something up?

Thanks for your time

20200118_094252.jpg20200118_094259.jpg

20181102_180009.jpg

I ran that setup in the picture with absolutely zero problems. The only difference I see, I had rings and you have a mount.

There is some speculation that under recoil, a mount will flex a bit and cause the bell of your scope to hit your barrel. In your case, that could be the erector housing to bottom out on the mount. My opinion, run it as is. After you put some rounds downrange, check for a shiny spot on both the erector housing and mount. If present, that will be your indication that they are making contact under recoil.

I don't really believe in this theory about flexing under recoil, but I'm a "see it to believe it" type of person and I have never seen it in my setups. Again, I've got rings and you have a mount so our setups aren't exactly the same. Just run it and keep checking for those rub marks. They probably won't appear at all.

Be prepared though, I've got a feeling that just about everyone else will probably comment that you need to get a higher mount lol.

I had that problem with a 1-8 NX8 and particular mount. I eventually decided to get the next height because it kept bugging me.

If you can see daylight you're GTG. If however the aesthetic bothers you the small cost of a new mount might be worth it.

Hello Everyone

Wondering if you can help me with a question the clearance on my Nightforce Unimount 1.125" and the bottom housing of my Nightforce NX8 4-32x50.

I got this height mount as it matches up great on my KRG Bravo and still has a fair bit of clearance between the objective and barrel.

BUT......as you can see in the photos attached theres a very very minimal amount of clearance between my rail and scope. According to my feeler gauges theres only 0.002" or so.

Is this normal? Or have I stuffed something up?

Thanks for your time

View attachment 7228894View attachment 7228895

As long as the erector housing isn't touching the mount you are good to go! If you ask me that's about perfect. No reason for it to be higher than it needs to be.