• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NX8 4-32x50 Digillum Mil-XT FFP Riflescope

Wow ! Hoping for a lot of good info here as I am currently looking at same exact scope ! I currently have a Burris XTR II 5-25 - my beginner scope for 1000yd and PRS, Got a great deal on it and it got me going but I am disappointed with glass and eye box after about 20X. Looking in the $2000 range and the NF NX8 seems to be best bet. Just hoping for some feedback before pulling the trigger......

Wow ! Hoping for a lot of good info here as I am currently looking at same exact scope ! I currently have a Burris XTR II 5-25 - my beginner scope for 1000yd and PRS, Got a great deal on it and it got me going but I am disappointed with glass and eye box after about 20X. Looking in the $2000 range and the NF NX8 seems to be best bet. Just hoping for some feedback before pulling the trigger......

I have the same Burris and u are correct, past 20x it gets a cataract. I am looking at the NX8 as well. Good deal cheaper than an ATACR or PM2. I am a novice to the ELR game also.

This scope was at the top of my want list, I dug around for any reviews and feedback I could find (no local shops carry any higher end optics, couldn’t get my hands on one to fondle). Reviews seem to be middle of the road, I’m still on the fence about buying the NX8 or saving up some more cash and getting an ATACR with the mil-xt ret.

Reactions: Cobblestone
I don't shoot PRS but do have a couples of the NX-8 4-32s. For my uses they are working great (recreational shooting/hunting) A lighter weight Nightforce option that still tracks like a scope should and good glass. The negative being that the parallex setting on the scope is rather finicky due to the wider magnification range. I could see how a timed shooting event that could cause some issues, but I would imagine thru practice you would get used to it. But its definitely more "touchy" than some other optics I've had. I've pretty much learned where the dial needs to be for difference yardages but marking with tape or paint pen once adjusted properly for your eyes would be the best way. Glass definately darkens above 27x or so, so I'd consider is a 27x with the option of going up to 32x in ideal conditions. Some people complain about the eye box, but I don't see any issues with it. However I do run adjustable stocks to get a perfect cheek weld, which probably helps.

Reactions: Cobblestone