• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce nx8 4-32x50 vs ?

Any thoughts on glass quality? What it's comparable to?

I am not sure there is a direct competitor. 4-32x is a wide range. This is a 30mm tube, and. 50mm apature. So you are getting some inherent compromises. But from a price to quality and features matrix, Yiu come who with a pretty big win.

can you get a less expensive scope? Sure. Can you Get a better performing 27-35x scope, yes. But, for many shooters, NF has nailed a market segment of high-end quality and mid-level budget.

Less money, I might look at a 25x Vortex PST. Higher quality, ATACR 7-35x, or S&B 45x.

Reactions: tanders11
If you don’t need the extra X’s I would pony up the little more money for the Atacr

Do some digging here and you’ll find they aren’t highly regarded like other nightforce scopes. I was just in the market a few days ago and was strongly convinced not to but one there’s better for less money and not much more. I did go check one out in person.
Glass was decent. Had a good feel balance overall construction of the scope(quality). Turrets were shit imo. Way to mushy for my liking and for a scope in that price range. Just my opinion.
There’s another thread below yours speaking about one persons experience with his nx8 4-32. Should go check that out too.

Glad you asked because I've been eyeing the nx8 2.5-20x50 and from the responses think I may be better off saving for an ATACR.

I was in the same boat and bought a 4-16 F1 Atacr, debating on adding another now.

Burris XTR III 5.5-30x56. Close enough in the magnification range. Likely better optical performance based on reviews I've read of each. The Burris is the only one of the two scopes I've actually looked through, but I thought it was outstanding: bright, wide field of view, minimal chromatic aberration or any other noticeable image distortion/defects and nice turrets. As soon as they release it with an illuminated reticle I plan to buy one.

Reactions: Racer and Chasing3
Got into NRL/PRS 22 in a big way NX8 4X32x is a great scope. I've read some the the reviews here and.....I think I'll buy another:) Goes well with my ATACAR, & S&B

Was considering replacing my DMR scope with an NX8 until I looked through one. Ended up saving more and got a ATACR instead.

I think my NX8 4x32 is a great scope. Thinking about putting one on another rifle.