• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 - blemish in the lens

10generation

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 11, 2010
California
Just bought one from Europtic. Looks like there is a small black blemish on the upper top left of the lens between 10-11 o'clock. Can't see it from the outside, but when looking through the scope.

Cleaned the lens - no change. Looks like there are two small words in the bottom of the lens at 5 and 7 o'clock. MOA on the left, not sure what it says on the right.

Anyone else had this issue? Hoping its something I can fix and don't have to go through the hassle of returning it.

Thanks

Never had the issue, but a couple things I do know. First, Nightforce stands behind every scope 100%. Second, Europtic rocks too. Either way, you will not be stuck with a scope with a blemish. Just be patient.

If you see words on the lens then something is definitely wrong, but not with the scope.

When is California supposed to fall into the ocean?
The sooner the better.

This is hilarious. I'm looking through a scope and you are insisting that what I'm seeing is wrong. That means you are apparently aware of the exact condition of every single night force lens in existence.

At the bottom of the lens, I can see MOA at about the 7 position and 4 or 5 digits (that I can't make out) at approximately the 5 position.

Given the certainty of responses, it appears that I've answered one of my questions which is that those marks are not supposed to be there.

Thanks for that....

OK, I'm sorry.

The writing is in the reticle, which is not a lens. It sits deep in the scope inbetween the lenses.

The blemish is likely to come off when you shoot it. Or tap the scope against a hard surface and see of it dislodges.