• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42 question

TXRam

Private
Minuteman
Nov 1, 2010
I searched, but couldn’t find anything to answer my question. I’ve used 4-5 different Nightforce scopes (higher power NXS’s and a couple of 3-10 SHV’s), but this is my first NXS 2.5-10x42. I adjusted the diopter as I normally would (highest magnification, parallax set to infinity, look through scope to sky but quick glances, not focusing on reticles but clouds in distance, etc).

I took the rifle (Kimber Montana 7mm WSM, scope mounted with Warne 2pc mounts milled to accept picatinny rings, and APA‘s lowest rings) to the range yesterday to sight it in. At 200yds, it required the parallax knob set all the way to infinity to remove all parallax and bring the target into focus.

Can anyone familiar with this scope tell me if that is normal? In hindsight I should have moved over to 300-600yds just to see if there was any parallax and/or if the image was focused but was in a hurry and didn’t think about it. I did readjust the diopter since it is a very fine adjustment just to see if this had any impact and there was none that I could tell.

The 2.5-10x42 NXS on my mk12 mod 1 behaved the same way when I had it. I just left it there at infinity and it functioned perfectly fine at all ranges.

Reactions: TXRam and Bakwa
I have a couple of them, and both are very forgiving parallax wise. I didn't adjust the focus ring at all and left them where they were at when the left the factory. I do wear glasses, corrected to 20/20, so maybe it's just happenstance.

Mine is similar and I've shot out to 1000 with it. It's worked fine for me.
There's not really much out there that are work horses in this weight, length, and reticle class.
I like these for that reason. Glass is OK and parallax is forgiving.

Sounds like you don’t have the reticle focused yet. I’d check it again on clouds or white wall etc. I’m nowhere close to infinity at 200 yards.