• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1

PW1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2011
Any agencies in the Washington DC area using the Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1 MLR scope? We are looking at acquiring a couple for our team and would like to meet up with an agency that is already using them.

Re: Nightforce NXS 3.5-15 F1

Check with Norfolk, Dam Neck, there are guys there who use NF F1 scopes.

I would recommend getting the F1 with the MLR2 reticle, a bit better with a FFP scope than the older MLR.

Any idea when the new MLR2's will be out?

I think they are shipping the fist week in April for pre-orders.....

I think they are shipping the fist week in April for pre-orders.....

Our NF F1 scopes with MLR2 reticles arrived today... friggin sweet scopes. I rushed out, mounted the first scope on my Werewolf here at RO and couldn't be happier.

The MLR2 is about perfect, plus 3-15X FFP with High Speed Turrets, the scopes is here to stay.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn you frank, now i want one</div></div>

Seriously Joe,

you do want one, they nailed it !

cliffw, thank you for the suggestion, but unless I am mistaken the MLR2 isn't on there?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our NF F1 scopes with MLR2 reticles arrived today... friggin sweet scopes. I rushed out, mounted the first scope on my Werewolf here at RO and couldn't be happier. The MLR2 is about perfect, plus 3-15X FFP with High Speed Turrets, the scopes is here to stay. </div></div>

Here is a brief article I wrote last year on it. Frank did they make any changes to the MLR2 from this one (ie, numbering, full or still just center illumination)? I sent NF a couple suggestions after testing this one. I really like that the one MIL lines are 1 MIL in length, easy to see them even down to 3.5x. Mark

http://www.cstactical.com/Magazine/SHOT-SHOW/SHOT-SHOW-BLOG-2011/Nightforce-New-MLR2-Reticle.html

ok one of you vendors please drop me a PM with a price, damn it frank is goin to make me spend money

Frank,

Could you post photos of the reticle zoomed down to one of the lower power ranges? I plan to order one of these in the next couple of weeks and I am debating on either a SFP or the F1. I really do not shoot matches or movers as of yet but it is something I wuld like to do one day.

Also did NF make any changes to the reticle per the review that was done earlier this year?

The F1 would probably be a lot easier to resell and it retain most of its value so that is what I am probably going to go with.

Thanks,

Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Lowlight</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigJoe</div><div class="ubbcode-body">damn you frank, now i want one</div></div>

Seriously Joe,

you do want one, they nailed it !

</div></div>

They sure did!!!

I ordered mine with the H-58,HS,ZS.Seems like the glass is even better than a friends older NXS,SFP.

Size,weight,elev travel combined with HS,ZS and new reticles leave this scope with little to be complained about now.

No, and I am glad they didn't take the changes suggested into account. The only numbers are on the vertical at 5 and 10 mils... I hate "numbers' down the reticle...

I will post a picture.

Re: NF NXS 3.5-15 F1 (MLR2 reticle pix)

Here is some pictures of the MLR2 production model... my camera is bit big to get great shots, but they are pretty good to see.

Reticle at 15X

MLR215x1.jpg

Reticle at 8X

MLR28x4.jpg

Reticle at 5X

MLR26x2.jpg

Reticle at 3.5X

MLR23x.jpg

I like this reticle a lot...

Nightforce did a very good job with this one! I really want one for myself.

We have been told next month but we will see!

Mike @ CST

Thanks so much Frank that is all I needed to see I will order one of these in the near future.....

Looks great, thanks LL.

<span style="font-weight: bold">The NSX 3.5-15X is really a 3.5-14X zoom...</span> small detail, but I wish makers would state the real zoom ranges.

When I did my write-up last year, I really liked all the features, including the numbering system.

Its a very clean reticle. I like it open on the bottom and like that the bars on the side are not solid black. Its so nice to look through this reticle. I also like the USO GAP, so I would have been happy either way regarding the numbers.

My main suggestion to NF was about illuminating the full reticle instead of just the center, since I got negative comments about that from people who used it in December. I don't do a lot of holdovers at night, but lots of guys said that limited illumination would be a deal breaker for them, hence my suggestion back to NF.

It is a very nice scope, one of my all time favorites.