• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS 3.5-15x50 Zero Stop MV.5 experiences

Bigzams

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 19, 2010
San Marcos Texas
Been eyeballing this scope for my 6.5 Creedmoor. Anyone have any pros cons would you have gone with something different? I intend for this to be my all around scope for punching paper, hunting , and perhaps a competition someday.

My wife has the 3.5-15x56 on her RRA with a MOA ret (I believe it's the NP-R1) and I have the F1 on my Gap with the MOA reticle. I personally think the glass is slightly better on the F1. The reticle in hers is a bit fine for my 50 year old eyes, but you're getting a different ret, so that portion doesn't apply to your question. If the F1 would have been available when we put her rig together I would have gladly spent the money and opted for the F1. That's just my opinion, and I'm wrong alot.

Having that reticle will limit you. The idea is you match the velocity reticle to your ballistics and then simply range, hold and shoot according to the number corresponding to your yardage. This sounds great but will only really work for a particular load in a particular set of atmospherics. Change elevation significantly or your ammunition and your reticle will no longer be accurate.
I liked the idea when I first saw this as it seems very fast, but I would rather have more options available to me with something like their NPR or MLR reticles.
If you match your reticle and turret and have good dope you can accomplish the same result with much more flexibility.

I would highly recommend that scope but only with a different reticle. No matter if you go mil or moa just get a reticle that matches it and you will have a lifetime scope that will do about anything. Before buying that give the 2.5-10x40 a look at too. That's another great scope for a creedmoor.

Good luck!

I have the 3.5-15x50 mounted on one of my rifles and would recommend the MOAR reticle if you plan to go MOA instead of Mil. The velocity reticle will limit you if you plan on shooting different loads or mounting on a different rifle. I have two scopes with the MOAR reticle and love them. For hunting I would go with a SFP scope.