• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS F1 3.5-15x50 Review

LoneWolfUSMC

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
It's taken me way longer than I wanted to actually get this produced and out. Hope you enjoy.

HD Video Link

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT7vEy_8LDQ&hd=1"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/KT7vEy_8LDQ&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Reactions: greg1147
Re: Nightforce NXS F1 3.5-15x50 Review

Very well done review, thanks. It looked like there was a Leupold box in the background, can we expect another scope review soon?

great video. I keep bouncing back and forth between the f1 and a us optic

Great review! Made me love my F1 even more!

I run nothing but NF after having issues with all the others. The 3-15 is a little limiting in the competition world but the reliability makes up for it to me.

Great review. I'd agree with everything you said %100.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johnnyappleseed</div><div class="ubbcode-body">can you talk the company into making them lighter? </div></div>

Na, they need to be heavy if they are also to be used as framing hammers
wink.gif

We were informed by Nightforce the ocular and power ring were made together for to simply be stronger, which is true and that type of construction is less expensive which benefited Nightforce in the contract parameters. I had quite a bit of time behind that scope and it performs well. We also have several 8-32X56 NXSs on the McMillan TAC-338 and it's a freaky good scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very well done review, thanks. It looked like there was a Leupold box in the background, can we expect another scope review soon? </div></div>

I have a new Leupold Mk6 that came in on a T&E Rifle. If I get some extra time at the range while testing that rifle I will run a tracking drill and shoot some video on it.

Thanks John. I've been waiting for your review on the F1. You didn't disappoint. Nicely done.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMC mustang</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Very well done review, thanks. It looked like there was a Leupold box in the background, can we expect another scope review soon? </div></div>

I have a new Leupold Mk6 that came in on a T&E Rifle. If I get some extra time at the range while testing that rifle I will run a tracking drill and shoot some video on it. </div></div>

Nice, I would be interested in what you think of the Mk 6. If they ever produce a 3-18 Mk 6 with a TMR reticle I would consider one.

I wish they would hurry up and release a 5-25 f1.

Have they changed the MLR2 reticle?

I have an early one, and it only has the numbers 5 and 10 on the vertical (no other numbers marked).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Have they changed the MLR2 reticle?

I have an early one, and it only has the numbers 5 and 10 on the vertical (no other numbers marked). </div></div>

From what I've been able to gather, there is an MLR2 and MLR2.0. Clear as mud, right? The 2.0 has more numbers denoting the mills and more of that reticle is illuminated. My NF 2.0 was still labeled MLR2 on the box, so I wonder if the "2.0" designation is official or something the community has come up to differentiate the two.

I used to always peel my stickers, not any more. They make them even more pretty that before
smile.gif
If I get low on funds, I will sell it on equipment exchange.

Good review.

Only thing that would have improved it was french nails instead of a standard manicure
wink.gif

Nicely done - my biggest hesitation on any optic change has to do with knowing knob and reticle accuracy so that dope can be interchanged between optics, same brand or multiple brands.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: _9H_Cracka</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only thing that would have improved it was french nails instead of a standard manicure
wink.gif
</div></div>

I will have to work on that next time.

Great review. I have the MD2 F1 and couldnt be happier.