• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS PTL - WTF?

ltdmstr

Private
Minuteman
Dec 28, 2013
ORD
So I finally got my hands on one of the new Nightforce add-on PTLs for the NXS scopes. I installed the thing and found the fit is just crap. There's about a .100" gap where the ring clamps together, and only a couple of threads holding it shut. I was thinking this might be the wrong model, since they make two different sizes, but it's clearly marked as the right one for the 3.5-15x50, which is what I have. Kinda have a hard time believing they would design the thing like this. Guess I'll see what they have to say about it at NRA next week.

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 26
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    85 KB · Views: 23
Of course not. Why would anybody actually call the manufacturer or the seller to get to the bottom of the problem when they can just start a thread and complain?

I don't have one in hand for comparison sake, but just from the looks of that one as pictured...I'd almost bet you, regardless of how its marked, that you received the model intended for the "NXS Compact" scopes and NOT the full-size, 15x, 22x, etc. scopes.

Get in touch with NF's CS and just ask them. One way or another, regardless of WHY it happened, they'll make it right for you. Never had a single issue with any NF scope or accessory product that wasn't promptly addressed and resolved to my satisfaction.

Of course not. Why would anybody actually call the manufacturer or the seller to get to the bottom of the problem when they can just start a thread and complain?

Are you having your period or something? I sent the part back and plan to talk to them in person next week. I'll find out what's up then and if that's the way it's supposed to be, I'll continue using the 3gunstuff PTL I have now. If not, I'll get the correct one. I just posted here because I was wondering if anyone else had the same experience. Jeez!

Ok, I have some info from Nightforce on this. Apparently a small number of out-of-spec parts were produced and those were accidentally shipped to dealers. Nightforce are aware of the problem and are working to correct it. I was told that I could return the part to the dealer I purchased it from and that they would get me one that is within spec and fits properly. They were very honest and upfront about the issue and even took the initiative to contact me and let me know what's going on. With regard to my initial post, I would like to make clear that my intent was not to bash or criticize the company in any way, and I apologize if it came off that way. I currently have three rifle scopes and all are Nightforce NXS. I'm also on a wait list for a BEAST. So clearly I believe they make quality products and stand behind them. That includes the small stuff too.

Last edited:
You can bank on the fact that Nightforce is going to make it right. I'm tempted to buy the out of spec stuff from you because its like a defective coin from a U.S. mint. Its rare. Don't worry . . . . be happy.