• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce NXS scope problem

scott8181

Private
Minuteman
Jan 9, 2011
NE, GA
I have a Nightforce NXS scope without zero stop for elevation and windage. I got my rifle dialed in at zero and removed the elevation cap to set my zero and noticed a allen head set screw in the middle. what the heck is it for tried calling nightforce and they gave me the runaround. Does anybody have any information on these set screws. The same is also in the center of the windage dial. Thanks

And this is a problem how?
Did the scope not zero? Well, yes, it did.
Your post is just and "inquiring minds want to know" kinda thing, now isn't it?
Post a pic so we'll all know what your "problem" is.

That little guy? I wouldn't worry about that little guy. I've never owned a non-ZS NF but I'm pretty sure that screw should only be messed with by the trained technicians at NF and probably has nothing to do with you getting zeroed. In fact, you really don't have to take the elevation and windage knob off to get the scope zeroed, just loosen the set screws and slip them.

The hex screw that you reference in the center of the lead screw is not meant for use by the end user, hence, no reference in the owner's manual. It is an internal part of the adjustment turret.

To reset your scale to zero, you need not remove the turret cap, just loosen the 5/64" hex screw and slip the scale back to zero and retighten to 4 inch pounds.

Your NXS has no problem. You are good to go.