• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Advanced Marksmanship Nightforce NXS?

JC0352

Private
Minuteman
Jul 14, 2011
Louisiana
Are people still buying these and are they still relevant? I’m just wondering what role to these fill since they’ve got their competition line and the ATACR. Older reticles and they discontinued the only ffp model.

Just curious.

The NXS is still a great optic but now with the SHV and the ATACR, you'll probably see it squeezed out. I have an older 3-15x F1 w/H58 and I've shoot the 4-16x ATACR a bunch and while its nice, I see no need to up grade just yet.

Reactions: JC0352
I’m just surprised they haven’t phased them out yet, especially since they’re all 2nd focal plane. If I’d ever come across a 2nd hand 3.5-15 f1 in MLR, I’d take it.

Are you doing KO2M again? Best of luck, if so.

I own two of the NXS 3.5-15 F1 scopes (mine is an H58 and the wife’s is an MLR I think). Awesome scopes with zero issues. Only reason I’d sell/get rid of em is to grab us some new F1 5-25’s with the MIL-XT.

Hell, I’d probably have considered keeping them if NF still did reticle swaps for the F1 H58 to the F1 H59. (I recently asked and they discontinued the service for those)

100% zero regrets in going with the NXS when I did.

I’m just surprised they haven’t phased them out yet, especially since they’re all 2nd focal plane. If I’d ever come across a 2nd hand 3.5-15 f1 in MLR, I’d take it.

Are you doing KO2M again? Best of luck, if so.

Yep Ko2M is a go for this year again, looks like the competition is going to be better than ever!

Reactions: JC0352
As said Atac r will be "next" gen. in my view.
Glass on NSX, my 3,is not up to date. Atacr is supposed to pick it u a bit. I will buy one. Dependable. That's why.

Still have 3, 2 have been replace with newer and much higher dollar optics (they are sitting in my safe)
With that they are still very nice scopes
Mechanically as sound as anything out there
Large amount of travel
I have used and still use it well past 1000.
You could do a lot worse

I’ve got a NXS 5.5-22x56mm and run I it out to 1000 yards with not problems at all. SFP is not an issue for me and I’ll run a NXS in a PSR match against FFP scopes all day long...

Reactions: Boon20
I have a 2.5-10x42 on an 18” shorty. I based that decision off a video Lowlight did and the budget I had. While I’ve lusted for an ATACR 4-16 I don’t know that I would see a truly earth shattering amount of difference and my dollars would be better spent elsewhere. I fee like an instructor would tell me in ATACR vs NXS; unless you feel like magnification or clarity is really impeding your ability to engage a target you are better off investing the money you’d spend on ammo and professional training to be more proficient with what you already own.

I have three NXS scopes. One is used for varmint hunting, the other two are used on big game rifles. I also have a couple of SHV scopes on hunting rifles. As long as weight isn't an issue, I can't think of a more robust hunting scope.

Reactions: joblo
ATACRs are definitely really hot optics, but the price/performance ratio for me is something that I can't justify on my end... yet.

I am, however, looking forward to the number of NXS scopes coming onto the secondhand market.

I wish I would have kept the 2 NXS I sold to get my ATACR. I love the ATACR but my shooting is limited these days and will be for the next few years. I may shoot a few local matches but mostly just for fun when I can find the time. I personally feel the ATACR is more scope than I need for what I do and the NXS were/are a perfect fit.

I have two NXS 5.5-22x56mm . Purchased used from the Hide over a decade ago. Would love to get an ATACR however for the type of shooting I do I am unable to justify the cost. One was mounted on a 308, them moved to a 6.5 CM and currently installed on a 338 RPR.

One of my buddies installed a Vortex PST II on his Savage 338; it is on its way to Vortex. Best warranty is the one that never gets used. T