• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce Owners, Favorite Reticle?

Re: Nightforce Owners, Favorite Reticle?

NP-R1 if your gonna do much unknown dist. Formula is simple.

I have 4 NF's..... 3 with the NP-R1 and 1 with the NP-R2

I like the R1 better.

When I had a NF I ran a NP-R1.

Im in the market for a Nightforce I really like the MLR. Why dont they offer it in the F1 anymore? Was there problems with it? The MLR2 looks great too but I dont like how only the crosshairs are illuminated.

I own a NXS with NP-R2, I am getting ready to order a new one and had decided on getting NP-R1. That is until I saw the new MOAR. Now I want to order two of those and sell my NP-R2. That MOAR looks bad ass, assuming you shoot MOA. Love that it has thicker lines...

NF finally listened to their customers.

MLR -- Milrad, Milrad 5.5-22

I have 2 NXS scopes with the NP-R2 reticle. I've been looking forward to seeing something like the MOAR reticle. Any details? Line thickness?

I have the NP-R2 and like it. My only complaint is line thickness. It is so thin that it disappears against some dark backgrounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When will we be able to send a scope back for a MOAR reticle change? </div></div>

June 2012

I picked up a NXS 5.5-22 with MLR mil/mil not too long ago here on the hide. I like the mil and half mil hash marks so far, especially when shooting and making corrections at 11x magnification (sometimes necessary to eliminate the heat wave mirage on warm AZ days). It is nice to have that extra half mil hash mark to better judge my correction, as I am still relatively new to shooting anything but a duplex reticle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 2 NXS scopes with the NP-R2 reticle. I've been looking forward to seeing something like the MOAR reticle. Any details? Line thickness? </div></div>

I know the reticle line thickness is .140 MOA.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: David M</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have 2 NXS scopes with the NP-R2 reticle. I've been looking forward to seeing something like the MOAR reticle. Any details? Line thickness? </div></div>

I know the reticle line thickness is .140 MOA. </div></div>

Can I ask where that info came from?

This is the flyer that was being distributed at SHOT
5bepo7.jpg

.140moa is the line thickness subtension for the 15x only
The 22x is .125moa(although not listed on this flyer)
The MOAR subtends .125moa in a 32x when set on the "R" setting which is 22x. On 32x it actually subtends .09moa but the spacings need to be adjusted as well since it is calibrated at 22x.

Nightforce NP-R1 5.5-22x56 HS ZS is what I own.....awesome for me since I prefer MOA/MOA

I like the MLR, but the standard mil-dot also works quite well (I've got a couple of each).

What are your thoughts on the NEW MD2/2.0? It has .5 mil marks as well as the ability to ascertain other decimals from spacing on the reticle.

It seems to me the MD2 would be better for breaking down .1s than the MLR2.

I have a NP-R1 and NP-R2. I prefer the NP-R1. I would like to get a mil based scope though. I am begining to think mil is the way to go.

NP-R1 is on all my NF scopes except for one. That will get changed to the new MOAR in June.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pinzmann</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NP-R1 is on all my NF scopes except for one. That will get changed to the new MOAR in June. </div></div>
Mine too , only it's gonna set me back $650
shocked.gif

(adding ZS/HS turrets also)

I prefer the MRAD Scopes so the MLR and the MLR2.0 in the F1. The New MD2 in the F1's is really nice also. If you are an MOA lover the NPR1 or the NPRF1 in the NF F1 scopes. The NEW MOAR RET is going to be the way to go for MOA.

Mike @ CST
www.cstactical.com

<span style="font-weight: bold">Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks / CS Tactical</span>
FEEDBACK about CS Tactical on AR15.com
FEEDBACK about CS Tactical on Snipersparadise
FEEDBACK about CS Tactical on the HIDE