• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes NightForce Questions.

rware91

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 16, 2009
Spring, Texas
I'm trying to educate myselt a little more on nightforce, I am about to purchase one and am unclear on some issues. I am going to use this rifle primary for f-class but I am going to also be shooting some (tactical) type stuff with it as well. I want a 5.5-22x56 w/ zero stop. I am confused on the reticle. I know i want it to be MIL/MIL or MOA/MOA, i want it to match, and all of the NF turrets are MOA correct? So therefore i would have to go the MOA reticle route to keep things consistant? sorry for the long post, but the more i research the more confused i get. thanks for the help.
RYAN

Re: NightForce Questions.

All turrets are not MOA. You can get mil turrets with any of the NSX scopes. I see you are in Spring Texas. If you want to make to drive to Pearland you are welcome to stop by the shop and check out a few options. We are the largest stocking Nightforce dealer in the area.

Marshall

Thanks for the response, So is MIL/MIl or MOA/MOA like picking between ford and chevy or is there a benefit going one way?

That really comes down to personal preference between mil/mil and MOA/MOA. If your going with the MLR or Mil dot reticle from Nightforce, stick with the .1 Mil clicks. Those reticles are Mil Radian scale.

You can get either mil/mil or moa/moa. With the high speed turret in mil configuration you get 10 mil in 1/10 mil graduations per revolution. With the moa you get 20 moa in 1/4 moa grads per rev. You can also get 10 moa in 1/8 grads if desired.

If you are mostly shooting fixed distance F-class 2nd. focal plane will be fine, if you plan to shoot much "tactical" stuff as you call it, a FFP scope might be in order. According to their catalog the 5.5-22X56 is only available in 2nd. FP.