• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce reticle question

c185

Private
Minuteman
Sep 24, 2008
I am getting ready to pull the trigger on my first Nightforce optic, a NXS F1 in milliradian.

I like the MLR2 reticle, but the there seems to be two of variants of them...a C357 and a C359. Could someone please clarify this for me. Is one of those the MLR 2.0 that I can't seem to find anything about..

Thanks.

Re: Nightforce reticle question

ETA: Misread your post. One moment please...
grin.gif

Got it,
C357 is .250MOA click value. And C359 is 0.1MRad click value.

I determined that from this LINK

There is no difference in the reticle itself. The difference between C357 and C359 is the scopes click value. Both scopes are MLR2.

ETA: I suggest the C359.

This is the MLR 2.0
I have had both versions and the MLR-2.0 is a better version than the MLR-2.

DSC_0134.jpg

DSC_0141.jpg

Interesting, I've never seen that reticle and it isn't listed on NightForces reticle page.

It is very, very similar to the MLR2. Are the numbers and the center crosshair the only difference?

I have a habit of researching things to death before making a purchase.

In the the images for the 357 I noticed extra elevation markings as well as the whole reticle was illuminated compared to only the center in the 359.

So as I understand it the MLR 2.0 is only available in the MOA scope.

The biggest improvement with the MLR 2.0 version is the outer cross hairs are much bolder and show up better in lowlight and in dense vegetation. Another difference is the MLR2 only has the center crosshairs illuminated as already stated, MLR 2.0 has the whole holdover graduations lit up. My MLR2.0 has matching Mil adjustments. It is a great optic and I highly recommend it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sandbogg</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The biggest improvement with the MLR 2.0 version is the outer cross hairs are much bolder and show up better in lowlight and in dense vegetation. Another difference is the MLR2 only has the center crosshairs illuminated as already stated, MLR 2.0 has the whole holdover graduations lit up. My MLR2.0 has matching Mil adjustments. It is a great optic and I highly recommend it! </div></div>

Sounds good if its available in Mil I want one!! Would you happen to have the Nightforce part number?

Yeah, what he said.

Having never seen this one before and hearing that it is FFP, matching Mil adjustments, and full illumination, I'd recommend it too.
grin.gif

C359 is on my NF box.

I have to warn you, they now come in square boxes. ( we need to start a thread about how the old triangle boxes were better than the new fangled squre boxes!)
wink.gif

I've seen a NF F1 produced in early July 2011 that came from MidwaysUSA. It was listed as having an MLR2 reticle, but was actually MLR2.0. I assume that NF simply started using version 2.0 in all F1's at some point in time, but I could be mistaken.

Yeah, in case you need to program a trajectory for lunar landing, Nightforce offers reticles that computer up, down, sideways, and other sub-orbital parameters.

These needlessly complicated reticles are the result of market pressures from Tacticool Wannabees. Nightforce has dropped all the sensible reticles from their product line. No more cross hairs or target dots or suspended dots.

Nightforce no longer make reticles for precision shooters who want to compete in high power competitions.

So, either buy one of their reticles that seeks out evil automatically, or move along to a Leopold or Weaver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sniperk1ng20</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How much brighter is a ffp scope than a sfp scope do you guys think? </div></div>

FFP vs SFP shouldn't be a factor in image brightness. At least I've never heard or experienced it.

Yeah someone told me that a FFP scope was brighter at 800+ yards. Couldent find much to support the claim though is what he told me.