• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce SHV F1 Rifle Scope 4-14x 50mm FFP with a Illuminated MOAR Reticle

Don-n-Texas

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 17, 2011
Houston now in Denton County
Nightforce SHV F1 Rifle Scope 4-14x 50mm FFP with a Illuminated MOAR Reticle. Does anyone have exprence with this scope. Is glass good I know it’s not 2000 glass but how is it? Is it worth to money?

Just bought one for my creed, it's my first, first focal plane scope. So far I'm liking everything about it. I've used mostly Leupold vx6 before. It's still to new to critique just yet as I've only been shooting it for a couple weeks now. I like the zero set on the MOA turrent and the Moa Recital very easy to see and not complicated like some.. Magnification is easy to turn and the glass seems very nice.
I was concerned that 14 power may not be enough to shoot out to a mile but I don't think that's going to be any problem.
For now it's going to be ringing gongs at 1000 yards. OH and lots of MOA inside too, I think 90 mine sets on a 20 base.
So far very nice, I'm a happy camper.
Bill

Agree with Bill, great scope for the money, great glass, high quality feel, good features...I have one on my seekins SP10....
9BF2045F-9DE6-4C13-B49A-F664D4E58CE2.jpeg

Reactions: Primus
No its not worth the money. Its a feature poor scope at a mid range price. Much better options on the market such as the LRTSi. The only redeeming quality is the name nightforce on the side of it.

Has anyone done a true tracking test on the SHV lines?

Has anyone done a true tracking test on the SHV lines?
I have. Tracks really well. Consistent return to zero, and well within my measuring capabilities to say it tracked 100% over the 5 mils I had space to track it. One of my favorite scopes out there for the "budget" buyer.

I had my mine out today shooting 900 yards with Hornady 147 ELDs, zero is 200Y my 900Y MOA is 23.5 I can't find anything wrong with it.
Nice clicks on the turret, when I go back to any of the closer targets it's right on with my MOA data. Next stop Sunday is 1000 yards, i'm
expecting it to be around 28 - 29 give or take. Just gathering some ranging data. Nice Scope so far, the 4 - 14 F1. .....Bill