• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce ultralite rings

tacsniper0888

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 21, 2012
Does anyone know the "top of base to bottom of ring saddle" measurement for their rings instead of the "top of base to middle of ring" measurement they give? I have been recommended nightforce medium (1") height rings for my setup but am looking at purchasing buckeye optics rings instead and they give the height measurement from top of base to bottom of inside of ring saddle and need to get the same height as the NF rings. Scope is 5.5-22/56 nxs on remmy 700 5R milspec .308 with steel one piece 20moa base. Thanks guys.

The 1.00" height NF Ultralite rings will clear with no problem. You can squeak by with the .885s, but scope caps or the bikini cover are a hard fit at that point.

Correct. That's what I have been recommended by several people but what is the measurement from top of base to bottom of inside of ring saddle instead of top of base to middle of rang halves measurement on the nightforce rings is what I'm asking.

Take whatever we advertise as ring height and subtract 15mm for 30mm rings or 17mm for 34mm rings from it.

15mm = .59"

17mm = .67"

Our measurements are from top of base to center of ring. Take half of the diameter and subtract it.

1.00" - .59" = .41"

The measurement that you're looking for is normally the measurment that Midway & Brownell's provide. Hope this helps.

Keith

The bottom-of-tube to top-of-base specs are convenient, but it's really just basic arithmetic. An inch is 25.4mm. Scope tubes are the OD they specify within a thousandth of an inch or so. And a radius is half a diameter. 00bullitt gives figures for a couple of common sizes. Any others are quick and dirty work with a 4 function calculator.

Thanks guys! I ordered the buckeye optics medium rings anodized in FDE. Was hoping they would match my barreled action in FDE cerakote but they don't so they will have to be cerakoted. They look like they are an exact color match to the vortex razor hd or the bushnell scopes that are anodized FDE though. They appear to be quality rings and LIGHT!!! Question though, when I have them cerakoted will I need to lap them then? I don't know how thick cerakote is when cured.

The buckeyes are junk. Been there, done that. The nightforce are built with 7075 and dont lift up off the rail when tightened.

Could you give a little more detail ^^4000fps??? I researched them on here and on LRH.com before buying and they got excellent reviews on both forums. As one member on here said about them "buckeye rings are quality rings and they are g2g"! I really hope I didn't buy a crap set of rings for an $1,800 scope! :(