• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce v US Optics

Glass quality should be about number three on a list for which scope to buy. You'll never miss a shot with a NF because glass quality isn't good enough. The Nightforce scopes are durable, track, have good reticles and have a good feature set. I've owned two great NF scopes.

In the price range, I'd also suggest looking at a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x.

Agreed love my mark 6 it's a very nice optic and iirc Scott still has them on sale for under 2 grand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would never try to dissuade someone from getting what they want. But in the $1500 price range the ST-10 is a really good SCOPE that will get you out to a 1000yes all day long. The mag-shores will tell you to get all the mag you can get. Some people like a lot of mag. But a good 10X is all that's needed. The ST-10 is one of if it the best one out there.

It is no secret I am a US Optics fan, one of the things I like about USO over NF is the FFP options.

I appreciate all the input / advice. I thank everyone. Somewhere along the way since this thread was begun, I've been turned onto a few suggestions such as purchasing a Steiner or a Vortex Razor II HD. As always, any & all opinions are welcome. For what it's worth, I have a set of Steiner binos & they're exceptionally clear.

Sir,
I have both the Nightforce ATACR and the USO ST 10. I can say the glass on both are great. With the USO a touch better, for me. But I am so impressed with USO that I just ordered a LR 17 for my new rifle. You can't go wrong with ether one and will be happy with the one you choose. If you are not happy post it on here and someone will take it off of your hands quick. It all comes down to your eyes and not other peoples. We all look can look at the same thing and we will all see it just a little different. Not to say anyone is right or wrong it just the way we are made. C/S on both are great. Just my $0.02. Hope this helps.

I looked at my friends US Optics and compared it to my Nightforce and my ATACR. IMO the Nightforce is the same as the US Optics but the ATACR is a better scope. I am a big believer in Nightforce and will be selling my NXS for the ATACR's.

I bit the bullet on a USO sn-3 ergo. I absolutely love this thing.
gubynyqe.jpg

Glass quality should be about number three on a list for which scope to buy. You'll never miss a shot with a NF because glass quality isn't good enough. The Nightforce scopes are durable, track, have good reticles and have a good feature set. I've owned two great NF scopes.

In the price range, I'd also suggest looking at a Leupold Mark 6 3-18x.

Glass is probably one of the biggest things discussed and debated on this board, at least in the short amount of time I've been here.

You might not miss a shot because the glass isn't good enough in a NF...but can't you say the same thing about much lower priced scopes that have proven to track accurately and don't have a history of customer complaints?

I'm just curious as to how there are many on this board who claim the NF glass is so-so, or decent, yet the scope is priced in the higher end of the market?

Not bashing NF or being argumentative because I'm really wanting one...but you get into the 2K range of scopes and there are a lot of choices out there IMO.

Just trying to figure out what makes NF so great if it isn't the glass.

USO will work on or warranty any USO product, or they will offer replacement if they wont work on it.

Easy, I guess that I was wrong. I thought that they didn't work on discontinued models.

Just curious, why did you have the lens replaced?

Thanks for setting me straight.

Very good choice on the gen 2 razor. I also will be getting one to try.
I own two nxs nightforce and I honestly feel that the glass in my st-10& sn-3 is much better to my eye. I will prob never sell my nightforces and really want to buy a atacr.

Glass is probably one of the biggest things discussed and debated on this board, at least in the short amount of time I've been here.

You might not miss a shot because the glass isn't good enough in a NF...but can't you say the same thing about much lower priced scopes that have proven to track accurately and don't have a history of customer complaints?

I'm just curious as to how there are many on this board who claim the NF glass is so-so, or decent, yet the scope is priced in the higher end of the market?

Not bashing NF or being argumentative because I'm really wanting one...but you get into the 2K range of scopes and there are a lot of choices out there IMO.

Have you been following the scope test thread or seen the test on the Precision Rifle blog? It appears that all these years people were wrong about NF glass having so so glass. Apparently the glass is really good.

People debate and discuss glass quality because they like to say "Ooo" and "aaahhh" and get instant gratification for spending money.

The NXS series has a reputation for mediocre optics, but remain one of the most durable, robust, and reliable scopes out there. They track and function well.

The new ATACR and BEAST have higher quality "glass" and are priced accordingly.

The reality is most people talk glass because they admire more and shoot less. People obsess over details because that's human nature. Search "help! I scratched my Nightforce" thread. Realize that out of the majority of the people here, there aren't that many that actually go out and use their gear the way it was meant to be used. Few actually test themselves or their gear to a level where they see it fail. Most shoot in fair weather on very static ranges where as little as a Vortex PST would suit their needs 100%. Meanwhile there are guys who have worn out a PST.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk