• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nightforce VS. IOR

Kino

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 14, 2011
United States
Guy I am looking at a new 3-15x 50 F1 nightforce VS the new IOR 3.5x18x50 35mm FFP MOA/MOA scope. Just wanted to get some input from guys here that have messed with both.

Re: Nightforce VS. IOR

Did you try the search function?? You can even google it and come up with a ton of pages, my link to the improved search engine didnt work, but maybe someone will be kind enough to give it to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quackaddict</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
IOR has the better glass

Nightforce has better durability

IOR has more features per dollar spent
</div></div>

Yeap. I have IOR stuff and am happy with it but I think the NF scopes I've used were of better build quality.

Also, dead horse thread.

The IOR are very nice scopes and will do the job.

I was not a big fan of the NF F1 with the old reticles now that NF has the NEW MLR2, MD2 and the NPRF1 I’m a big fan of them. The NEW NF NXS F1 Reticles are really clean at the top-end and still very usable at the low-end. We have a few of the NEW NPRF1 in stock.

Both scopes come with rings. I personally prefer the NF NXS scopes.

If we can be of help in getting you an IOR or NF feel free to let me know.

Mike @ CST

I'm a NF fan so my input may be a little biased. If you're LE or military they will give you a factory-direct discount.

the plus for nightforce is the available mill adjustment vs the ior. haven't looked into the models you are referring to but have looked in to the 6-24 ffp ior and the 5.5-22 nxs. on the other hand i love the mp-8 reticle.

I had an older NF F1 MLR and replaced it with a S&B PM II 5x25-56 Pf4 CCW. I have an IOR 3.5x18-50 MP8 now that I am planing to mount onto a .260 once that build is done. I like the MP8 reticle and it is similar to the Pf4 (similar, not the same). I did not like the MLR and I have not seen the MLR2, yet. For the .260 to get out o 1400 yards it only takes 14.7 mils (same as my 6.5x55 swede) so the 22 mil of elevation are enough to do the job.

I have not had any problems with the IORs I have purchased. However, I didn't start to purchase any of them until the GEN 4 came out. I waited because of all of the bad hype the scopes were getting. It seems these problems have been worked out. As for customer service I have heard IOR sends you a brand new scope, although I haven't seen anything here @ the Hide lately about anyone returning any scopes.

It's a tough call because of all of the problems IOR had with their scopes. There are a lot of members here that were turned off because of their bad experiences with the IOR scopes. NF never had these problems and are tough reliable scopes. I personally wanted to try IOR scope as they offer a lot for the money you spend. However, only time will tell if IOR finds favor with it customers and you start to see people say that IOR is among the better scopes.

IOR next to S&B PM II
IMG_0014-2-1-1.jpg

IOR mounted on a Tac Ops with med rings (the ring have been replaced with low rings since this picture was taken)
IMG_0019-3.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lsm62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the plus for nightforce is the available mill adjustment vs the ior.</div></div>

The IOR is available as a mil/mil scope.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KeithR41</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Beat that horse.......................

41 </div></div>

This exact same thread title is literally right above this thread. They are actually touching. What are the chances...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maladat</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lsm62</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the plus for nightforce is the available mill adjustment vs the ior.</div></div>

The IOR is available as a mil/mil scope. </div></div>

sorry what i was trying to get at is that the nightforce has more available travel (27.8 mils) then the ior (16 mils). at least the higher power level nxs 5.5-22 and ior 6-24

Sorry for misinterpreting. The 3.5-18x50 has 22 mils of elevation travel.