• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes nightforce vs. Zeiss

Re: nightforce vs. Zeiss

Depends on what you are using them for. If I were to pick a scope for hunting I'd pick a Zeiss because of the reduced weight and better glass. However for a practical/tactical setup Nightforce is the better option. It is heavier because it is a more robust optic that can take more abuse.

+1 for the Nightforce. The glass on my NF 2.5-10x24 is extremely clear and the compact series are relatively light weight yet durable.

I'm considering a NF myself, although I've never had the opportunity to use them. Seems that they get great reviews.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: codymhorse</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seems that they get great reviews. </div></div>
That would be an understatement, they are awesome!

own two zeiss scopes - absolutely nothing bad to say about them. Hunting puts plenty of abuse onto a scope. Price point aside, I've looked through both and used both and they're just as good. NF has better tactical turrets though - more indicators.

I am partial to NF, but the glass in my Zeiss 3-9x40 (Rapid Z-600) is absolutly GREAT. Zeiss makes a great scope - it is tough, accurate, etc. That said for tactical situations I would rather have the NF - better turrents, etc. Warranties on both are very good.

Theres a reason they put Nightforce optics on stuff like .50cals, Cheytac .408's, .338lapua mags and all of the big hitters.

The scope is simply a powerhouse of awesomeness and is built tougher than superman... seriously i could kill superman with a Nightforce NXS... one whack to the head and supermans dead. Pffffttt Kryptonite!!!

Nothing wrong with Zeiss either they make wondeful scopes, optics and camera lenses.

Im partial to Nightforce products as they can take a beating, and to me thats worth a lot more than ones minutely greater clarity than another.

You never know when an accident may happen, hence why they call them accidents.

I had my rifle out of a passenger window on a 4x4. The vehicle went over a large pothole and as you would expect theres alot of suspension travel and not to mention movement inside the vehicle. The scopes shade SLAMMED into the upper part of the door knocking metal sunshade out of threading !!!!

Was a bitch to unscrew but eventually managed... whiped off any minute amounts of thread that had come off and screwed the sunshade back on... you cant even tell it happened. Didnt even miss a beat at the range. Was still hitting dead centre at 100 yards. No dents, No scratches, No change in functionality, No change in point of impact... Nothing

I have owned and shot with both the zeiss conquest and the nf nxs, and a diavari. You will not go wrong with any of them all kick ass. The nf in my opnion is the best all around scope , glass , features , and controlls. The diavari does slightly edge the nf out as far as immage quality and the nf is slightly better than the conquest. I would put the conquest slightly above any thing leupold makes as far as immage, keep in mind these are all just slightly better or worse. You have to factor in cost and weight and features needed. For me in a buget/weight minded hunting rig I would use the conquest, even though I am a diehard nf fan. One more thing I would not be afrade of buying a used one , they all have great warrantys, and the $ you save you can get some great mounts. Good luck.

Zeiss is a great scope and the Conquest is superb for the money, but it has a 1" tube, so might be limited in adjustment.

I have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9x50 with the Z600.

It's a fantastic hunting scope, and I had no difficulty matching the drop on my 162 Amax load for the 7 SAUM to the reticle.

The scope tracks true and has exceptionally clear glass. The "hunter turrets" are adjustable with thin gloves on, they do have a cover on them so they don't get bumped or knocked from zero while packing the rifle. If you find yourself in a situation that you can't use the ballistic reticle for something beyond 600y, then it's easy to dial the range, but if that's the case then I'm going to assume you have an LRF to validate those decisions.

I do find myself losing that ranging reticle in very low light conditions, it's certainly not an optic that you can take a 250y shot in very low light conditions because I can't keep track of the reticle.

It's on a hunting rifle, it gets banged around, bumped etc and still hits dead on. It's very light, and on a 7.5lb all up rifle, it's almost perfect, the ONLY thing I might want is some kind of illumination capability.

I also have a NXS 3.5-15x50 NP-R1, the illumination is very nice, the glass is excellent and it's pretty much the same as the Zeiss. I don't see a difference between the two, but I've been told by several NF owners that I happen to have some of the nicest NF non-HD glass that they've seen. It does have a 30mm tube vs. a 1" tube on the Zeiss and the parallax adjustment, lack of BC cap capability on the occular, and weight lends itself much better to a rifle that isn't going to be humped across the woods for miles.

All said and done, they're both excellent scopes, if the rifle you're looking at putting it on is on a serious weight restriction to keep it light for hunting reasons, then a 3-9x50 Conquest is probably a better use