• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce wins USSOCOM contract

Anyone have details on the reticle choice? Just idle curiosity.

The article says it's a custom reticule specified by user.

Specific weapon with a certain round. So a modified BDC of some sort that won't require to much thinking. Something like the FC-3G reticle found in the NXS 1-4 mixed with the attributes of the FC-MIL on the NX8. That is what I would want anyways. Hell, if they made it that, I would buy one right now.

Soldiersystems commented that limited numbers will be available for commercial purchase.....

Saw that too. Will hopefully be able to take a look at it at SHOT show!

It is my understanding that NF won the FFP contract, but there is still a SFP contract to be let. I am guessing the Razor 1-6x.

I said this in the NX8 thread, but I think they should swap the NX8 to SFP to favor 1x performance. I would opt for a SFP NX8 over the Razor 1-6 due to brightness alone, let alone size/weight.

There is still an SFP selection to be made, and the SIG is one of those competing.

I am a little unclear here. Is the SFP contract open or closed. I have heard conflicting reports that it is open, and maybe the Razor will be a contestant, and that the Sig has been chosen. I thought the Sig had be chosen for US Army, but not USASOC or SOCOM. Gets confusing for sure. Then there is the USMC.

I often wonder why the Marines have their own air force. You would think the USAF and USN cover all the associated air cover needs.

I had the parallax off a bit but here is the custom SOCOM NF-Horus tree, Todd told me if I used my 1:4 twist 14.5 5.56 barrel I'd be good for a bit over a mile.
80363-3b3d7f84a16365c70b1f90a496b488bc.jpg