• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NIGHTFORCE ZERO STOP SLIPPING

PORTSIDE_GUNNER

Private
Minuteman
Jul 12, 2018
Hi!
Having some issues with my Nightforce ATACR 7-35 and getting the zero stop set. Other than sending it in no idea what's going on.

- Rifle zeroed at 100 yard, set to zero. zero stop not set properly, spins past my zero mark.
- Losened the 4 screws and tried to release and reset the zero stop and it doest seem to release.
- It will move but only about an 1/4 rotation and is still all the way down.
- I gave up and tightened everything down and replaced cap at zero.
- Zero stop still not working.
- Shot rifle and it was 3 mils low at 100 yards.

Last edited:
NF has youtube vids that helped me reset my zerostop when it slipped like twice in the 8 years I’ve had my NXS F1.
I don’t know if NF has the same ZS set up with the 7-35 though.

The upper clutch isn't fully engaging the lower stop in your vid, it appears it's rubbing along the top of it and when you put the knob on it gives you enough leverage to get past it. Try this, loosen the four screws, put the knob back on, turn it past zero, take the knob of and turn the upper clutch until it engages the lower stop, then tighten the four screws back. When engaged properly there is no overlap.

Thanks guys! I'll try that and give you an update.

The weird part is it "slipped" last time I did this HARD ZERO for the rifle was 3 mils low when I shot it again. Trying not to do that again lol.

Remember the torque on the 4 set screws for the zero stop clutch is 4 inch lbs. as others have mentioned, the stop hits he side of the plate, not like in your video where is catches on the top of the plate.

hope you get it sorted out.

Reactions: Pvt.Donut
call customer service for NF, i'm sure they'd help take care of the problem for you.