• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightforce Zeroing

Arbiter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 25, 2011
Tampa, FL
After a long patient wait for the right moment, I finally managed to get a Nightforce atop my AI AE. Circumstances didn't allow much time for me to zero the new optic properly this evening, so the following was shot under the time constraints of 3-4 minutes to set up, shoot, adjust, and finish. The results were most satisfying:

nfzero.jpg

About thirty seconds to get a quick sight down the bore onto the target at 100 yards, and roughly adjust the reticle onto the paper. One round of 168gr FGMM fired aimed at the top center dot, resulting in the top left hole. Guesstimated about 5 MOA right and 3-4 MOA down, fired again onto the center. The last two remaining rounds were aimed at the left and right dots respectively...I broke the trigger slightly off of center on the left dot, as can be seen. If more time had been available I wanted to shoot more, but sadly that wasn't an option - the next range trip will prove whether the performance is repeatable.

Four minutes, four rounds, and everything done...gotta love it!

Re: Nightforce Zeroing

Update on the way - I've finally got everything dialed in for my handloads, and photos of the results.