• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Nightforce zerostop conversion

Re: Nightforce zerostop conversion

I believe so and i think it is somewhere around $350 for the conversion...I think.

If you go to the NF website, they have a "Service" form somewhere on the site that lists the available services and the current pricing. You will need to complete that form and return with your scope when you send it in.

yes, took 5 weeks for mine an i'm international

Due to a growth spurt that was under projected, Nightforce Optics is suspending all scope modifications until September 2011. All available resources are being utilized to focus on delivering product due to increased demand. NFO refuses to sacrifice quality to meet product demand. Current lead times for delivering scopes have increased to 11 weeks and may still rise slightly before stabilizing. Modifications will resume once build times are brought down to a more manageable level.

Nice first post....
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 00bullitt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Due to a growth spurt that was under projected, Nightforce Optics is suspending all scope modifications until September 2011. All available resources are being utilized to focus on delivering product due to increased demand. NFO refuses to sacrifice quality to meet product demand. Current lead times for delivering scopes have increased to 11 weeks and may still rise slightly before stabilizing. Modifications will resume once build times are brought down to a more manageable level. </div></div>

I have one in for upgrades now. Will I get some sort of notification or just keep waiting?

Well, I guess whenever they get around to doing them again it is, IMO, worth it. The compact NXS turrets are nice for not getting caught on things but with no turn indication, you pretty much have to have it. I like my scope much more now, but also had them convert the turrets to mils to match my reticle.

I've got a poor man's conversion or as I like to say a value priced zero stop conversion for NF scopes that works great. Externally adjustable. All I need is your elevation cap and $55 PPD. 2 day or less turn around.

Hi Dave,

I'm interested, do you mind posting some pics and explaining a little about how it works. If you don't want to post it in the open, would you PM me?

Thanks,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: lwrkeysfisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Dave,

I'm interested, do you mind posting some pics and explaining a little about how it works. If you don't want to post it in the open, would you PM me?

Thanks, </div></div>
+1

Without going into a lot of details I had some special screws made. They go through the top of the cap, are adjustable, look similar to the set screws on the side of the turrent cap and act as positive repeatable stop. Neat, clean and simple.

Bite the bullet and get the conversion. The zero stop, high speed and improved 'clicks' are way worth it. The relatively good old turrets feel like mush compared to the new HS/ZS turret.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bite the bullet and get the conversion. The zero stop, high speed and improved 'clicks' are way worth it. The relatively good old turrets feel like mush compared to the new HS/ZS turret. </div></div>

can that be done to a 2.5-10x24 with the capped turrets?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in for upgrades now. Will I get some sort of notification or just keep waiting? </div></div>
Mine is in the shop getting the high speed knobs and zero stops, thats the only way they do it and it is $320.
I called them today because I did not get a confirmation E-mail or call telling me that they had in fact recieved it.
The CS person I spoke to told me that they are getting a new system in place to notify customers of the reciept of the scopes, so it will keep customers better informed.
Mine got there on March 3 and they told me it would be 4 weeks out from then. I was lucky and got mine in before the 6 month hold period.
SScott

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sunnyside Scott</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TravisB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have one in for upgrades now. Will I get some sort of notification or just keep waiting? </div></div>
Mine is in the shop getting the high speed knobs and zero stops, thats the only way they do it and it is $320.
I called them today because I did not get a confirmation E-mail or call telling me that they had in fact recieved it.
The CS person I spoke to told me that they are getting a new system in place to notify customers of the reciept of the scopes, so it will keep customers better informed.
Mine got there on March 3 and they told me it would be 4 weeks out from then. I was lucky and got mine in before the 6 month hold period.
SScott </div></div>

They told me six weeks and it was three. I sent mine USPS receipt/signature confirmation so I knew they had them. Got a UPS shipping notification when they shipped back. Took a couple of phone calls to get through to them, but overall customer service was good.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hoosier</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Quickdraw40</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bite the bullet and get the conversion. The zero stop, high speed and improved 'clicks' are way worth it. The relatively good old turrets feel like mush compared to the new HS/ZS turret. </div></div>

can that be done to a 2.5-10x24 with the capped turrets? </div></div>

Not sure, I would give NF CS a call.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave Tooley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Without going into a lot of details I had some special screws made. They go through the top of the cap, are adjustable, look similar to the set screws on the side of the turrent cap and act as positive repeatable stop. Neat, clean and simple.

</div></div>

Will NF honor a warranty after this service?

To all,

I can only convert the NSX 3.5's and higher scopes. Can't do the 2.5's sorry. I have one of my own that I would like to convert but can't. This conversion affects only the cap itself so I don't know how it could void any warranty on the internals. NF has known about this modification for some time and to my knowledge it has never been an issue.