• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes NIGHTFORCE

Re: NIGHTFORCE

And the people that work in the cabelas in glendale, az don't know anything about them. Asked them if they had any nxs 5.5-22x56 npr1 reticle with the zero stop turrets and the guy had no idea what I was talking about. So he pulls out the nightforce catalog and he came to the conclusion that All nxs models have zero stop turrets. So after I explained to him that he was wrong and showed him the diffrence. He realized he didn't know what he was talking about and brought another guy over who also didn't know what he was talking about, and suggests that I "google" it and do my research...they still didn't know wether they had the scope I wanted but weren't willing to let me look at all the scopes they had in stock to see if they had the one I wanted. Sorry for the rant. But it reminds me why I never go into cabelas.I went to sportsmans and they were really helpful and I ended up buying the scope I wanted from them.

Rarely, do I ever get a guy behind the counter nowadays who knows what he is talking about. Your best bet is to find the one you want yourself.

blazinta,

It is BS that they won't even let you look at them in the Cabelas store.
It drove me nuts to be in Chicago and stop by the Cabelas out in Hoffman Estates, on my way home, and NOT be able to handle guns...some days, some days I could, but never a handgun. Illinois gun control law.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sandwarrior</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rarely, do I ever get a guy behind the counter nowadays who knows what he is talking about. Your best bet is to find the one you want yourself.

blazinta,

It is BS that they won't even let you look at them in the Cabelas store.
It drove me nuts to be in Chicago and stop by the Cabelas out in Hoffman Estates, on my way home, and NOT be able to handle guns...some days, some days I could, but never a handgun. Illinois gun control law. </div></div>

Tell me about it dude i traveled half way across the globe to make my way to that exact store you mentioned to have the exact same thing happen.

Turns out i didn't end up in "free America" lol

I used to work at Gander Mnt., in the archery dept.. Unless you get a superstar employee that happens to know his or her shit through experience, you're on your own. The dept. I worked in was a joke, I wouldn't have bought any of the bows that they carried at the time.

Most of the guys working in the gun dept. were relatively old gentlemen, that pushed the 30/06 because that's all they ever shot. Also, most of them considered any scope that wasn't a 3x9 "too much scope". These guys had a lot of hunting wisdom, and I'll bet very good shots, but they were not current any type of technology. What do you expect for $7.00 an hour?
wink.gif

I blame Cabela's and Nightforce for the salesman not knowing his product. They should have got together, and had an inservice that explained the scopes to the the people working in the gun department.

please for the love of hunting, shooting, and all things people with guns enjoy do not let anyone sell you a velocity reticle without first checking out the ballistics. you need to have a specific load picked out that runs well in your rifle to run velocities on the calculator and determine the best reticle.

Don't get one without thoroughly checking and making sure your load matches the reticle. if the sales person doesn't ask you for velocity, bc, and bullet weight run away! THESE RETICLES ARE VERY LOAD SPECIFIC

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: customshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cabelas now carries NIGHTFORCE and has most of them in stock!!!! </div></div>

Or you can buy from Europtics or another hide supporter and get free shipping and no sales tax.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deersniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: customshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Cabelas now carries NIGHTFORCE and has most of them in stock!!!! </div></div>

Or you can buy from Europtics or another hide supporter and get free shipping and no sales tax. </div></div>

this too, but i'm more concerned with people getting incorrect reticles