• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NightHawk or Staccato 2011?

I just got a MPA DS9 and it is an amazing "2011" option. I have an older STI 45ACP 2011 as someone pointed out it is heavy loaded up and mags are hard to find.

I own a Staccato C2 and absolutely love it as a carry gun... But if I was looking at a XL, range toy in my case, I would most likely end up with an Atlas.
IMG_20220118_120151.jpg

Reactions: phxfa
just get an infinity, buy once cry once, mine is a 9/40 sight tracker, 25k of 9 and 20k of 40, it flat-out shoots great, is exactly how I wanted it, I have zero misgivings from buying it

Just have CT Brian build you a gun. Buy once cry once.

Reactions: TheHorta
So, I was able to fondle a NightHawk 2011, a Stacatto XC AND an Atlas Artemis RDS today.
My thoughts:
NightHawk is nice, however I’m not huge fan of their black nitride finish. Almost looked painted. Grip is nice and thin for a 2011 but it’s fairly “slick” and it REALLY needs an oversized magwell. Think if I went with NightHawk I’d do their Sand Hawk.
Staccato XC. I actually like everything about it’s features, just not the fit. Flat out does not compare with the other guns. Will not let myself spend that much money without the fit being top notch.
Atlas. Hmmmm. Surprising. I think I said before that I didn’t like the look. Its growing on me. Fit and finish are top notch. As it should be for its price tag. Like the bull barrel and weight. Finish is an interesting dark gray color thats different and cool. Grip is metal and SUPER grippy. Weird to see a 2011 w/o a grip safety. I guess I’m ok with it?? Mag well is ugly AF. Weird steps and is shiny black. WTF. Trigger REALLY needs to be serrated. Interesting that the triggers on their trigger webpage show serrated. Comes with 1 mag. Lol.

I have probably 15 NHC 1911s. Great guns. Great people. In the production level 1911 world, I think they are the best out there.

I did not care for their take on the 2011 and honestly think Staccato makes a better 2011.

I've worked on 1911s for thirty years, as a hobbyist, but I've taken multi day build classes with several of the best known custom smiths. The Staccato is not an entry level product. The P is somewhere slightly above the TRP line from Springfield, and the XC is about the same in the controls, but more worked throughout the fire control group.

None of these, not Nighthawk, Cabot, Wilson etc are close to what you get from a master 1911 smith. Not in the same time zone. But any of the pistols in question are going to be really, really good.
Who are your master smiths? Rob S, Yost, Burton?

An STI now Staccato is a production gun with a custom price, I own a well used STI and a full on FU poor people SVI, the Staccato‘s I have shot are good, and the Nighthawk single stacks are very good, at this price point I’d probably get a Staccato based on my experience.

I love my Nighthawk. I carry it occasionally. I told myself I wasn’t going to let it be a safe queen, but, it’s hard for me not to baby it. Lol
The true decision that needs to be made: "Why not both?!" Take good care of them and if you want, sell or trade!

Edit: Also, I see this is an old resurrected thread, so I'm sure the OP made his decision long ago.
26BBBF93-3113-49F1-AE71-130C2E77E75D.jpeg