• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Nightmare gunsmith Northwest Precision Rifles * REFUND RECEIVED

So I called him, he didn’t answer so I left a brief and non threatening voicemail saying let’s settle this and move on. He then text me:
Earl:
”Will try to call you tomorrow.”

He never called, so I sent this email.

hoguer:
”Where we are now Earl is I have a judgement issued in my favor by the State of Idaho for the total of $1063 for the rifle and court costs. Fortunately for me in Idaho they have some very aggressive laws in place for the small claims process that would assist me with the judgement being satisfied, but I would prefer to avoid that. If I have a cashiers check in the total of $1063 by 11/30/2017 I will refrain from having the court step in and assist me with the collection. You can mail the cashiers check to:
*My Info Here*
If you choose not to satisfy the judgement, I will be forced to take other measures, and you can see by the fact I was willing to open a small claims case in this matter, I have no issue in taking it to the next level.”

and then he sent me this.
Earl:
”Thanks for the info, and threats, again. I have never said, you wouldn't be paid. So the whole small claims thing was stupid! You, just want to be in charge, so you are being pushy. The small claims case in your favor, is simply because I did nothing to fight, or rebute it. I offered to talk to you in person, by phone, a while ago, and you said no. So........... now what? I will NOT, be pushed around.”

And my reply:
”Sorry you are choosing to be so difficult. If you choose to offer someone a refund and not give it to them for almost a year, that’s on you. “

So now I move onto the legal avenues available to me.

I just ran a background check on Earl, he apparently has a history of screwing people. He has 2 previous civil judgements against him, one for over $6000; a bankruptcy and a arrest record. So I’m not the first person this slimeball has screwed

IF Earl has a $6,000 prior judgment that is still valid and outstanding, i.e. never satisfied to the judgment creditor it suggests several things: 1) someone pursued their case to the point you have and recognized that he has no assets that are sufficient to satisfy their $6,000 judgment so they elected not to throw good-money-after-bad, to further pursue the legal collection process, 2) Earl has assets in amount to satisfy the judgment, however they are legally protected so as not available to judgment creditors, i.e. he is judgment proof which is a prudent business tactic, 3) prior judgment creditor was satisfied to let a stain on Earl's credit report for the next 10-20 years (depending on Idaho statutes) be an acceptable alternative to money-in-hand.

Finally, in fairness, just because someone has a judgment lien against their name does not necessarily infer some other party was screwed; it is not uncommon for civil suits to be lost in the court room for a variety of reasons beyond the control of a plaintiff (lost evidence, witnesses not available, negligent attorney etc etc). Such a defeat in the court room may then lead to a judgment lien for which the plaintiff does not have the desire or financial wherewithal to re-litigate (if possible) to change the result of the court findings. Likewise, there are many people for whom a personal or business bankruptcy filing is the best legal alternative to pursue, again many times the circumstances leading to bankruptcy beyond their control; most recently the disasters of Maria, Irma and Harvey come to mind.

Good luck!

I hope it pans out.... for some reason though I think he’s just blowing smoke.

Good luck!

I hope it pans out.... for some reason though I think he’s just blowing smoke.

I agree. I would insist on being paid with a USPS money order mailed 3 day with insurance and tracking.

Earl:
” So........... now what? I will NOT, be pushed around.”

What a joke. Earl, you are being pushed around because you're a deadbeat prick and there's not a f-ing thing you can do about it

LOL

First post sounds like he got a judgment against Earl.

Also this "Earl" gunsmith sounds really fucking familiar, like there was a thread about him a few years' ago and he was a gunsmith in a different state who cleared out when a bunch of people were mad at him.

First post sounds like he got a judgment against Earl.

Also this "Earl" gunsmith sounds really fucking familiar, like there was a thread about him a few years' ago and he was a gunsmith in a different state who cleared out when a bunch of people were mad at him.

I think i said in an earlier post he sounds like the tactical rifles dot net guy that ripped off a bunch of people and was coming after frank for defamation or something.

David Rooney of tacticalrifles dot net is still around and still in Florida. As far as I know he has stayed here the whole time. We would be more than happy to send him somewhere else, given the choice.

If these are the same guys who started a Rocket Hub for 308 uppers+80% lowers and jigs, they never delivered their products to those who funded, i being one of them. that was $175 gone back in 2013 and they ran multiple campaigns and now RH doesn't have a link/history to them anymore.

I can only assume the OP hasn't been satisfied yet. Depending on his age and health condition he might have spent his time better breaking the motherfucker's nose!

Glad that worked out .... i know a number of us wrote our disappointment to this GS ....

Good for you sticking with it most would've walked and chalked up a learning and Dirtbags like this keep doing business

Update!!! John is an idiot! After refunding him, and inspecting the rifle, it shoots lights out! Don’t ever….. sit on a gun, then demand a refund because a dipshit friend finds a flaw, then almost a year later demand money back! YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!! A real gun guy could have handled this much different, and more professionally then he did. To top it off, he convinced me to go through the BS Of shipping it to California! Big mistake on my part! Lesson learned on my behalf. You California liberals can shove it up your A#%!!!! You conveniently only told half the story! Thank you for the great feedback dipshit!! NWP!

Update!!! John is an idiot! After refunding him, and inspecting the rifle, it shoots lights out! Don’t ever….. sit on a gun, then demand a refund because a dipshit friend finds a flaw, then almost a year later demand money back! YOU ARE AN IDIOT!!!! A real gun guy could have handled this much different, and more professionally then he did. To top it off, he convinced me to go through the BS Of shipping it to California! Big mistake on my part! Lesson learned on my behalf. You California liberals can shove it up your A#%!!!! You conveniently only told half the story! Thank you for the great feedback dipshit!! NWP!
screen-shot-2022-02-11-at-08-42-11-png.7805693

Yo…wait…is that you Earl.

Where you been for the last 5 years this thread has been up.

This is hilarious.

You joined eight years ago and your first post is to retaliate against a guy that posted a thread five years ago?

Can you math?

Googling Northwest Precision Custom Rifles only gets this thread and a LinkedIn entry where Earl is listed as a musician (generally another even less lucrative field than gunsmithing). Nothing else, nada, zilch. Must be a very stealthy business.
It does get this which just changed its name to something else, but no evidence of any connection:
Googling Earl Wear gets some hits on a singer, but phone number is WA. Must be different guy
These do seem to be same guy:

Last edited:
Reactions: hoguer
Nope! I take it back. The singer IS the same guy! Found that link buried down in the details of his LinkedIn page:
OwnerOwner
Northwest Precision Custom RiflesNorthwest Precision Custom Rifles Mar 2012 - Present · 10 yrs 6 mosMar 2012 - Present · 10 yrs 6 mos
Singer/MusicianSinger/Musician
T&W Entertainment/Earl Wear & HaywireT&W Entertainment/Earl Wear & Haywire Jan 2007 - Present · 15 yrs 8 mos

His band is called Haywire. There seem to be several Haywire bands mentioned out there, but not his. Other Haywire bands are in Canada, Dallas, Rochester NY, Julian CA

There's a T&W Entertainment out there, but it's based in GA.

Facebook page & pic (a young-looking 55):

Music bio page:

Overall, mighty stealthy businesses.

Last edited:
Reactions: hoguer
What's really ironic about this post is that it's so incredibly self-defeating. Any negative press Earl and his "business" got from this whole saga 5 years ago would have been long-forgotten. But now he's resurrected it for a whole new generation of members.

Even more ironically, he's mad at John for sitting on the gun awhile before realizing it had issues, but he's apparently sat on it for 5 years before concluding that it supposedly shoots just fine, presumably without him having to correct anything. I can't help but wonder if this guy has mental issues.

Last edited:

Was it the same rifle that he posted pictures of?

If so, you should be ashamed of your sloppy machine work.

Now you just reminded and advertised for everyone here to avoid you.

My name is Thomas… Not John.
If you’re going to insult me, please use my correct name.
You should still have it on the small claims court judgement in my favor.

STFU and disappear

• Haha
Reactions: Baron23
My name is Thomas… Not John.
If you’re going to insult me, please use my correct name.
You should still have it on the small claims court judgement in my favor.
It's starting to sound like maybe not even the same case. Is Earl thinking of a more recent dispute with someone named John and got that mixed up with his dispute with Thomas? I really wonder if this guy (Earl) is playing with a full deck.