• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nightstalker Tripod PRO

chaingunzz

Private
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2009
FL
Does any have any firsthand experience with this tripod? Just wondering if the juice is worth the squeeze. TIA

Would love for someone with experience with the PRO or original Night Stalker to share their opinions. Especially if they can compare with RRS as well.

I have the Pro and love it. Friends of mine have the Manfrotto, Leofoto, and RRS and it seems to me to be equal quality. They all look the same with just different names on them and slight differences. I will have to say the pro has padded sections on the top of the legs and also has the shoulder strap which has been nice to carry my glass around at local matches the past couple months. I have had other guys use it and they are very impressed with the set up.

I have the Pro and love it. Friends of mine have the Manfrotto, Leofoto, and RRS and it seems to me to be equal quality. They all look the same with just different names on them and slight differences. I will have to say the pro has padded sections on the top of the legs and also has the shoulder strap which has been nice to carry my glass around at local matches the past couple months. I have had other guys use it and they are very impressed with the set up.

Thanks for the input. I ordered one yesterday and am excited to see how it works

Do you think there would be any issue rattle-can spraying the leg extensions? Not a thick coat just something to break the black/carbon fiber up

NO on the spraying the legs.. the locking collars have tight tolerances, adding paint
would effectively junk the tripod
15238285694131205741769.jpg

Is it the same Ballhead on both models? How are the ballheads in use? I’m considering one of the PRO models since it has everything I need. But if the ballhead isn’t good I’ll look elsewhere. It’ll be used for antelope/deer/yote hunting mostly and maybe some PRS matches. This is a question for the guys using these models.

don't have experience with either, via their website, the standard model uses a 36mm whereas the PRO uses a 44mm ball head

That's exactly what mine will be used for and the ballhead is very good and stiff when you lock it up and very fluid when using it to scan for targets or animals. There is a little tension adjuster screw on the ballhead and my only grip is others who don't know how to use ball heads loosened it up all the way and when I went back to my binos they almost fell over on the loose head. But that was just others not knowing how to use it, I tightened it back to how I like the tension and they are awesome!

I know this is an old thread but I have been sifting through information on these tripods. Anyone able to weigh in on which would be better for spot and stalk hunting?