• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Nikon Buckmaster 4.5-14 Scope

Burkes the Nailer

How are ya, now?
Minuteman
Jul 7, 2012
Middle Georgia
Anyone have any thorough experience with this scope? I have one in my Rem 700 currently and I'm trying to decide if I should sell it and upgrade, or keep it around. I want to get back into precision shooting and long range shooting

Sent from my SCH-I545L using Tapatalk

I had one. For shooting off a bench at fixed targets the 1/8 Moa were handy. Just not the best for rapid elevation adjustment (unless you have the mildot version). I sold mine because the tight eye box at max was driving me nuts. There are other scopes that will fair better as intro scopes I/e. weaver grand slam tac mil/mil , ss fixed mil/mil. Should be about the same cost as what you can sell the Nikon.

I have the 6-18x mil-dot version. I really like it. I've only had it a few months though, so I'm not as proficient as some with it. I recently picked up a Zeiss Conquest 6.5-20x, so I think the Buckmaster is going to go on my .22 to replace the super shitty BSA Contender that it came with...

I wouldn't hesitate to get another Buckmaster.

My brother has had a mil dot version on his 22.250 for a couple years. I have shot it many times. I think the glass is clear and its a quality scope. But if I were looking for scope to use for extremely long range shooting, I think I would agree with a post above. Midways weaver gs or a ss fixed power would be great choices.

I had the same Buckmaster on my R700. I though it was a really nice scope for the price and if I remember right around $300 and came with a Mildotmaster as a promotion gift. I upgraded scopes and it's now sitting the the wifes Tikka T3. Mine was a 1/4 click MOA reticle optic.