• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes nikon problems

rebelsniper

Private
Minuteman
Feb 15, 2006
lafayette louisiana
well i went to the range to day to site in my new remington r-15 in 223. i get there and get set up and start shooting. the rifle is shooting awesome... 1 inch groups at 100 yards. but its shooting 6 inches high and 4 inches left. no big deal i make my adjustments. next 3 shoots are dead on as far as left and right but still 6 inches high (thought i might have forgoten to make that adjustment) so 20 clicks down i go..... the next shot is in the exact same place as the last 3. so i try again 20 more clicks down and nothing changes. well i pack everything up and come home to clean the rifle. while cleanining it i mess with the scope and notice that the vertical adjustment turret is not "clicking" when i try and adjust it. now this scope has not been abused it sat on top of a 308 for 4 or 5 years and only had maybe 300 rounds thru it and these were the first 8 rounds out of the r-15. i guess the question is would this be covered under nikons warrenty?? or would i have to pay to get this fixed???? it is a nikon tatical 4-16x50

Re: nikon problems

Give Nikon a call. I have used there photo gear for years and the only time I had a problem the lens was out of warranty and they charged but treated me very fairly. Good luck, I am sorry to hear you had a problem.
JH

Are you sure you tightened the turret screws? May seem like a dumb question but if you can take the turret and recent it by loosening them they may be loose already.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: rebelhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i guess the question is would this be covered under nikons warrenty?? </div></div>

It had better be! If it’s not I'd raise holy he**! That’s one of the reasons these scopes cost so much. The companies know going in that they stand a higher chance of getting them back for repair or replacement.

I'd like to hear how it turns out for you, as I have three Tactical's myself.

N i k o n R i f l e s c o p e ( N o E l e c t r o n i c C o m p o n e n t s )
This is your Nikon Inc. Full Lifetime Warranty (valid in the Continental United States, Alaska and Hawaii) for the non-electronic components of new Nikon riflescopes that
contain electronic components. The non-electronic components of this Nikon product are warranted by Nikon Inc. to be free from defects in material and workmanship for the
lifetime of the product. If the non-electronic components of this product are found to have defects in material or workmanship, Nikon Inc. will at its option and without charge,
either repair the non-electronic components or replace this product, even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required to obtain warranty service for those
non-electronic components.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poke</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you sure you tightened the turret screws? May seem like a dumb question but if you can take the turret and recent it by loosening them they may be loose already. </div></div>
you know what i havent checked that....let me go get it and see.....you know im going to feel like a total idiot if thats all that is wrong with the scope

yep thats what was wrong the turret screws had backed out and i hadnt noticed... man i feel like a big big idiot right now. thanks for the help guys
blush.gif