• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No Camp Perry

Buckeye Chuck

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 15, 2013
N.E. Ohio
The CMP has canceled the Nationals for this year at Camp Perry.
I know its not NRL22 or long range competition but the Sporter Rimfire Event is always fun to shot and start the kids out on.

What a shame, that involves a lot of great shooters

I'm with the Pirate, JW. But every day that goes by I feel this is more and more a hoax. Virus is real, its effects are way oversold.

That said, if you're implying the volunteers and age if Prone shooters at Perry is solidly in the at risk demographics, I'm with ya.

NRA cancelled the national mathces this week too. They're about 3 months away from being irrelevant to competetive shooters...

The idea of a mass attended event with widespread attendee geographic diversity is absolutely asinine.
To all you folks who keep calling this an overblown hoax...you really need a rectal-cranial extraction. Sure if everybody lived only in the sticks...yup, not a real issue. But...are there any nursing homes, veterans home etc nearby? Those of us who live in the densely populated states see this firsthand. E.G. NJ Vets home...190 residents...92% infection rate and over 60 dead and counting. The restrictions suck. Dead parents and grandparent are a lot worse.

Reactions: Greg Langelius *
The idea of a mass attended event with widespread attendee geographic diversity is absolutely asinine.
To all you folks who keep calling this an overblown hoax...you really need a rectal-cranial extraction. Sure if everybody lived only in the sticks...yup, not a real issue. But...are there any nursing homes, veterans home etc nearby? Those of us who live in the densely populated states see this firsthand. E.G. NJ Vets home...190 residents...92% infection rate and over 60 dead and counting. The restrictions suck. Dead parents and grandparent are a lot worse.

You have a link to that?

More than once

So, you know the logistics involved within a hour of Port Clinton. The number of motels, hotels, cabins, condos, and rental units, along with the restaurants and stores that support the matches.
None of which are currently prepared to handle the influx of competitors and their families. None are running full staff now, and none can guarantee they will be at full staff July and August.
Considering the restaurants, convenience stores, and grocery stores who cant guarantee better than 80% stocking now, and who cant get their suppliers to "promise" to provide the overages needed to handle the influx of competitors, volunteers, vendors, and their families.

The behind the scenes maneuvering with the associated Chambers of Commerce and the match planners has taken all that into consideration along with pre-registration numbers.

All tied in with the current unknown of .gov restrictions currently in place, threatened, or suggested, have made all the above carefully approach the decision.

It's a sound decision to those planners who dont want to plan, have reserved all the things neccessary, and finance it, to have .gov stop it at the last minute and everybody lose lose. Especially those from overseas and from far states who would lose reservation fees and other expenditures.

It's a solid based business move based on the retardedness of the previous .gov fuckery that has shut down everything else.

Distasteful, yes, make you angry, very much, prudent in light of .gov blatant stupidity and previously displayed bad judgment, a hard choice, but, in the long run, most likely the right choice for all involved, because....

we cant trust .gov not to fuck it up.

My .02 on that.

@FatBoy

I think the majority of us feel the same way about the manner .gov has handled this. The unintended consequences and repercussions have yet to be fully known.

My above response is based solely on logistics, that are unknowns during recovery from .gov fuckery and how it still affects us today.

And from some of the over protectiveness seen by local .govs wanting to take care of their locals, resenting the influx of outsiders taking "their" resources.

We still dont know just how welcome a couple of thousand visitors will be taken when shortages are still annoying the home folk who cant see past the end of their noses.

I'm pretty sure that was discussed during the decision making processes.
Time will tell.

I'm with ya, JW. Port Clinton may not be ready. Unfortunately, the national matches aren't what they used to be. Thousands is correct, but its cumulative these days. The days of the Wimbledon having 1700 shooters are long gone. Smallbore may draw a bigger crowd. Doesn't matter at this point, the countdown clock is at 435 days.

Last edited:
I was going on memory and was off by a little. 59 dead residents. 1 employee. 247 tested positive. 98% of residents either positive or awaiting results.

I was going on memory and was off by a little. 59 dead residents. 1 employee. 247 tested positive. 98% of residents either positive or awaiting results.

Something isn't right about this. The outbreak happens April 10. WTF? That's three months into this shit just outside NYC. Are they trying to kill these guys off?

338 residance with 98% infection rate. 59 deaths. If these guys did actually die of COVID then they are at about 18% , well above the .1%-12% numbers the rest of the country is seeing. Why?

I am sure the SH tin foil hat brain trust will provide a ton of fact based support for your skepticism.

Something isn't right about this. The outbreak happens April 10. WTF? That's three months into this shit just outside NYC. Are they trying to kill these guys off?

338 residance with 98% infection rate. 59 deaths. If these guys did actually die of COVID then they are at about 18% , well above the .1%-12% numbers the rest of the country is seeing. Why?

We have the same thing at the nursing homes and soldiers home here in AL, and, the National Guard NBC units are decontaminating them. I've posted those articles in the other two postings. Mobile Al is getting hammered right now bc the mayor did not put the same level of restrictions that the rest of the state did, and it's the AL hotspot now. And, in per capita and demographic similarities population density, you can see the similarities in places like Mobile, Jefferson County, and the Huntsville area to what happened in NY.
And if you follow the news, the real news, from NY, how they sent non vent patients to nursing homes rather than hospitals and the results were pretty bad. Those articles are easy to find.
That 18% number is hidden in the greater state numbers where say 20 counties only have 1-5 deaths and the state rate is therefore lower, much lower than the specific hot spot.
Such things, that reflect badly on .gov decisions are not widely reported, and here, if you dont copy paste the whole article, or have a paper copy, the hours later update has things removed. That is annoying, put mildly.
Our coroner got his hand slapped really hard reporting covid deaths. His numbers were retracted. Three weeks later, his numbers resurfaced as correct.... they were correct the first time, In the Lee County nursing home.... just sayin...
Jefferson County's early hospitalizations are now dieing.... numbers once low are second highest in the state.
Georgia is worse.
Other states dont appear touched at all.
Interesting times and time will tell.
Best to you Brother.

My wife works in a nursing home here in Nashville. Two confirmed cases so far. Problem is, the hospitals don't want to take anyone who isn't sick enough to be on a ventilator. So, they get shipped back to a facility and taken care of by CNTs until they're on their fucking death bed. On top of that, hospitals are sending sick patients to nursing homes because they're not sick enough to keep in the hospital.

No family members allowed in the facility now. All employees get temperature checked several times a day. They have handwashing and glove changing protocols, etc. The sick patients are isolated and only one PT works that floor with a full suit, etc. They're taking steps to mitigate the spread. Is it enough? We'll see but what are they supposed to do if the hospitals refuse to take them?

As far as I know, none of them have died in her facility of COVID but deaths at a nursing home is not uncommon. They're there because they are old and sufficiently sick or injured enough that the family can't handle the load of healing them. It's a harsh reality, but many don't make it through surgery recovery or regular pneumonia/sickness. This virus is another layer of risk for the vulnerable for sure but IMO the flu would kill them just as quick.

Not having enough PPE is bullshit. I have been giving her masks, hand sanitizers, wipes, etc that my company provides us. Strange that a cellular company can ship piles of PPE directly to my house weekly but they wear the same shitty masks for a week.

@FatBoy
Rgr that. Your wife's experience is echoed here in the PPE in the nursing homes. The lock down-no visitors has been in effect here since early on, same as hospitals.

Except we had a infection-death spike. And publicly no body wants to say why.

Our hospital serves 5 counties. Our 5 co region has been the hot spot for two months. Tracking is really interesting. So, with that said....
There was this funeral home in the region.... did two very large funerals... and there was this church related to all this. And they ignored every potential protocol suggested... and there are 40 some deaths associated with that track, and at least 200 positive tests....
And, one dumbfuck employee (tracked back to the above) of the nursing home, tested positive and symptomatic, was told to go home and quarantine.... and he left there and went right on to his second job, a facility that has a confined group. I cant say any more about that right now, but, it's fair to say, hes no longer employed there.

All of which led to the governor putting natl guard NBC units decontaminating the places. There b some very angry people here.... very.

There are going to be some very interesting things come out of this.
The amount of fuckery is astonishing and astounding. And every common sense thing tried in AL is objected by the "jackass" party.....they even refused to return to the House and Senate sessions that opened back up... damn fools.