• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

NO-FAB rebar target stands

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2011
UT, United States
I've been using this setup since about 2014 without issue and haven't seen it online anywhere so here it is: All you need is four 1/2" iron pipe tee fittings and five pieces of 5/8" rebar (#5). I had 20' pieces of rebar cut into 4' lengths at a concrete supply place. The only work you might have to do is deburr the ends of the rebar if they won't fit through the fittings. There is a bit of a learning curve setting them up but once you have it down, it's easy. I start with the cross bar already having the fittings and target on it. Stick the first two legs in and splay them apart a bit. At this point you should be able to put tension on the legs and fittings by pulling the cross bar away towards the other legs. Stick the other legs into the other two fittings and pull the legs away from the other side so there is tension in the stand (usually I have a bit of flex in the cross bar). To level the stand all you do is keep tension on the stand while widening or narrowing the legs. The obvious weak point is the pipe fittings getting shot but I have yet to hit one and they're cheap. I think back when I put these together it was less than $20 per stand.
KIMG0431.JPG
KIMG1517.JPG

Here it is with my 60lb 24"x24"x3/8" plate along with my PVC rebar carrier I made. This was an absolute bitch to set up without help :LOL:

I like it.

What part of Utah? If I am close enough, you can call me next time and I'll help you with that plate 😎

I'm in the Orem area. I've thought about meeting up with huskydriver in the past but he's a quite a bit north of me.

I'm pretty far north as well- Weber County.

We should all try and do a range day at North Springs one weekend.

I'm pretty far north as well- Weber County.

We should all try and do a range day at North Springs one weekend.
I've been wanting to plan a trip out there for a while. It would be cool to make a day out of it and actually meet some fellow snipers hide guys.