• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Accessories NO LONGER FOR SALE - 1968ish Rem 700 FactoryTrigger

nickw

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Mar 15, 2003
Western MA
**I’m pulling the trigger for now. Will likely offer it w/ entire rifle when I return from trip. **

I pulled this out of a factory Remington 700 BDL, 22-250 I recently picked up at a local gun store. Serial number indicates it was made around 1968. Trigger does not include trigger pins, the bolt release or spring. $100 shipped. PP FF preferred. Thanks.

Attachments

• 7A410154-5B5C-4854-A43F-C1A3AC72930D.jpeg
    7A410154-5B5C-4854-A43F-C1A3AC72930D.jpeg
    347.6 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:
I always loved the ease of adjustment on those triggers. I have a few of them and they’ve never given me a minutes trouble. 👍

Reactions: nickw
Great M40 trigger.

Only issue though is it has the leg to lock the bolt from opening when the safety is set.

Your receiver has to be milled for this feature, modern ones are not, or you have to trim the feature off to use with a new reciever. Not a big deal either way.

I love Remingtons from that era and have a third gun being built using period parts right now. Especially like the design of the bolt from back than.

What did you do with your 22-250? Than one I used for parts become my most accurate rifle I currently own and its built in an M40A1ish style.

GLWS, bump up.

Last edited:
Great M40 trigger.

Only issue though is it has the leg to lock the bolt from opening when the safety is set.

Your receiver has to be milled for this feature, modern ones are not, or you have to trim the feature off to use with a new reciever. Not a big deal either way.

I live Remingtons from that era and have a third gun being built using period parts right now. Especially like the design of the bolt from back than.

what did you do with your 22-250? Than one I used for parts become my most accurate rifle I currently own and its built in an M40A1ish style.

GLWS, bump up.
I kept it as a 22-250. I’ve got a prairie dog hunt schedule in October on the way to an elk hunt. I dropped a trigger tech trigger into the Remington and dropped it into a HS Percision stock that I found cheap. 55gr. Nosler ballistic tip and Varget… The thing is a hammer.

I kept it as a 22-250. I’ve got a prairie dog hunt schedule in October on the way to an elk hunt. I dropped a trigger tech trigger into the Remington and dropped it into a HS Percision stock that I found cheap. 55gr. Nosler ballistic tip and Varget… The thing is a hammer.

I understand those 22-250s are a desireable gun as Rem was only making .308 varmints for the USMC and the 22-250 varmint was as close as you could get to an M40.

People thought I should have used a less rare/nice gun when I parted mine up to build a custom.

Enjoy yours.

Posted this link over at M40 forums to see if I buyer will cross decks.

If I’m off on the price, let me know. I looked around and thought this was fair given the era.

Still here. If it doesn’t sell this week I’m going to pull it. Will likely sell the rifle it was in after my prairie dog hunting trip as the new owner may want the trigger for a M40 build.