• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No love for Fierce????

cheesefries

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2020
I looked though the first 65 (went back to 12/24/19) pages last night and didn't see one thread regarding Fierce bolt actions rifles. I've been reading and researching and I believe a 300 win mag in something like the Fierce Fury LR, Havak PH2 or Christensens Arms Traverse would work for my rifle only budget of $2500 ish. I think a S&B PMII will top it off nicely. Im not concerned about weight, thinking 10-12 lbs for rifle, scope, accessories is approx. where I think will work for me as 80% range/bench time and 20% hunting (mostly short walks to blinds and shots out to 450 yards, mainly MO white tail. Is there something that I am missing regarding the Fierce rifles, or they just don't have much of a following here at the Hide? I am not interested in a Tikka build and Bergara just don't seem to appeal to me.....I have been watching the PX here and I would jump on a custom if something like this came along. Id like a 26" barrel and break - I will be reloading in the future. Any thoughts or is this a "go with what feels and fits best in hand" and don't over think it?? I'm willing to be all in on gun and scope for $5-6K.

Reactions: Robert Chambers
Fierce makes a pretty damn good rifle in my opinion. I had an edge 28 Nosler for a while. It would shoot factory ammo 1/2 moa to 500 yards. They have a pretty nice stock, good trigger and a sweet action. If your budget is $2500 I'd go with the Carbon Fury

Reactions: Robert Chambers
Good rifles, but you'll probably find people on this site at more apt to build their own as the above post said. Go to a hunting specific forum like rokslide and you will see more posts on a dedicated hunting rifle. That being said, I have a Fierce CT 300 Win Mag that went to Alaska this last summer and it did great on sheep and Moose. Was almost ready to buy a Carbon Fury, but just went with a custom Tikka build in order to get a different twist rate.

My Fierce is my "go-to" for a lightweight, all-weather, hunting rifle. Chambered in the 300WSM and shooting Barnes 165gr. TTSX has been devastating to all the big game I've harvested with it. It shoots sub-moa beyond 500 yards and it made the trip with me to New Zealand on a Red Stage and Tahr hunt where it was perfect for mountain ascent, and it dropped a 400" Red Stag in its tracks. It's has an unusual but excellent combination of being light weight but extremely accurate on the other hand.

These are pics from my 165gr. Barnes bullet I pulled out of the far shoulder of the Red Stag shot at 185 yards with my Fierce 300WSM.

Attachments

• E6C2F452-6986-42DA-8C23-8ECC199B0090.jpeg
    E6C2F452-6986-42DA-8C23-8ECC199B0090.jpeg
    53.1 KB · Views: 369
  • 861FA28E-ECE2-435F-84A9-F2DC5F36891F.jpeg
    861FA28E-ECE2-435F-84A9-F2DC5F36891F.jpeg
    56.9 KB · Views: 230
I know this is an older thread but I was curious about the lead times with fierce. I ordered a CT Rival May 3rd and was told it’ll be about 3 months. I’ve seen online from a few people that they were told a couple/few months and ended up to be more like 8 months. One guy commented yesterday on Fierces Instagram that he’s still waiting on an order he placed in October 2020. Any thoughts? Thanks.

I would personally stay MILES away from Fierce Firearms. I'll never purchase a gun from them again.

Below is a chronology of my absolutely atrocious experience with Fierce:
  • After a bunch of research, I went and bought their Carbon Rival in 6.5PRC. On my first day brining it to the range it doesn't eject brass from the barrel from the very first shot I took with it. The rounds are so jammed in there that I break a cleaning rod getting the brass out. (This appears to be a common issue having now seen other threads online.)
  • I notify Fierce and they own up to it and make it right by having my send it back to be fixed. I told them that I also never received a certified target which they brag about all over their website and they said that for my specific gun they don't do that. I pointed out the exact spot on their website where it says they DO do that and they said "oh yea hundreds of people have been pointing that out to us, but we don't do it we need to change the website." (note it has since been changed.)
  • I get the "fixed" gun back from them and I run snap caps through it to make sure it ejects them and it does. A few months go by and I get back out on the range for a long range shooting clinic for the very first time with this gun to get zero'd and get practice in ahead of deer season. After my 4th shot the same issue is back. Every single round gets absolutely buried in the barrel and has to be pushed out from the muzzle with a rod.
  • I am mindblown at this point, and I call Fierce back and I tell them that I want a brand new Carbon Rival, I don't want another fix on my gun I just want a new one and this time they NEED to give me the certified target so that I know it is truly in working order. I also asked them to throw in a bipod given what an ordeal this has become. To their credit they say that they want to make it right and they agree. They say they have a 6.5PRC Titanium Rival in stock that they will ship to me with a bipod upon getting my gun back.
  • I ship the gun back to them that same day and it arrives 2 days later. I call them to get the process moving and they explain that the gun that they had in stock for me has sold (how did they let that happen? Inattention to detail is how, and that is a theme here) and to build a new one will take around 3 or 4 weeks. I was stunned, but I was cooperative and we agreed on me getting a "Reaper" which is their new crossover style rifle which they say can be assembled & shipped to me in 1 week rather than 1 month.
  • They get my new Reaper shipped and in the interim I clarify with them a) make sure the bipod is there and b) make sure the certified target is there. They assure me everything is there and all is in great working order.
  • The day that my new Reaper is set to arrive at my FFL, Fierce calls me and I am assuming it is to tell me the gun is being delivered today, but in fact they call me and say "hey man, so we actually aren't sure if we sent you a 300 PRC or a 6.5 PRC. Can you let us know when it arrives which one it is? If it is a 300PRC you can send it back and we'll send you a 6.5PRC, I think we have the components to make that fix." I am beyond stunned at this point but I go down to my FFL and luckily it is a 6.5PRC so all seems to be OK.
  • However, when I open the case, the pistol grip / handguard is badly damaged and broken. On top of that, the Bipod is NOT there and NEITHER is the certified target.
  • I am furious at this point so I get back in touch with Fierce and they say don't worry we'll make it right we'll send you a new grip and the bipod was shipped separately but it is arriving today don't worry. They then call me back 30min later and they tell me the bipod wasn't shipped because it was out of stock but NOW they found one and it is being shipped. They also mention that if they forgot to put the target in the box, then it is probably lying around their shop but they will look around for it and not to worry because the gun DEFINITELY works.

That is where I currently am in the saga. I am in Cali so I am in my 10-day waiting window and I'm also waiting for the new handguard to arrive. I am literally afraid to take this gun to the range to see if it can eject brass and function properly. These guys have their heads so far up their ass they don't seem to know what on earth is going on at their shop. They're plenty cooperative in terms of being willing to apologize, but when you spend $6k+ on a gun you expect a bit more than a bunch of apologies. Rant over haha but I did want to put it here because I wish I had known before I went through all of this.

I would personally stay MILES away from Fierce Firearms. I'll never purchase a gun from them again.

• After a bunch of research, I went and bought their Carbon Rival in 6.5PRC. On my first day brining it to the range it doesn't eject brass from the barrel from the very first shot I took with it. The rounds are so jammed in there that I break a cleaning rod getting the brass out. (This appears to be a common issue having now seen other threads online.)
  • I notify Fierce and they own up to it and make it right by having my send it back to be fixed. I told them that I also never received a certified target which they brag about all over their website and they said that for my specific gun they don't do that. I pointed out the exact spot on their website where it says they DO do that and they said "oh yea hundreds of people have been pointing that out to us, but we don't do it we need to change the website." (note it has since been changed.)
  • I get the "fixed" gun back from them and I run snap caps through it to make sure it ejects them and it does. A few months go by and I get back out on the range for a long range shooting clinic for the very first time with this gun to get zero'd and get practice in ahead of deer season. After my 4th shot the same issue is back. Every single round gets absolutely buried in the barrel and has to be pushed out from the muzzle with a rod.
  • I am mindblown at this point, and I call Fierce back and I tell them that I want a brand new Carbon Rival, I don't want another fix on my gun I just want a new one and this time they NEED to give me the certified target so that I know it is truly in working order. I also asked them to throw in a bipod given what an ordeal this has become. To their credit they say that they want to make it right and they agree. They say they have a 6.5PRC Titanium Rival in stock that they will ship to me with a bipod upon getting my gun back.
  • I ship the gun back to them that same day and it arrives 2 days later. I call them to get the process moving and they explain that the gun that they had in stock for me has sold (how did they let that happen? Inattention to detail is how, and that is a theme here) and to build a new one will take around 3 or 4 weeks. I was stunned, but I was cooperative and we agreed on me getting a "Reaper" which is their new crossover style rifle which they say can be assembled & shipped to me in 1 week rather than 1 month.
  • They get my new Reaper shipped and in the interim I clarify with them a) make sure the bipod is there and b) make sure the certified target is there. They assure me everything is there and all is in great working order.
  • The day that my new Reaper is set to arrive at my FFL, Fierce calls me and I am assuming it is to tell me the gun is being delivered today, but in fact they call me and say "hey man, so we actually aren't sure if we sent you a 300 PRC or a 6.5 PRC. Can you let us know when it arrives which one it is? If it is a 300PRC you can send it back and we'll send you a 6.5PRC, I think we have the components to make that fix." I am beyond stunned at this point but I go down to my FFL and luckily it is a 6.5PRC so all seems to be OK.
  • However, when I open the case, the pistol grip / handguard is badly damaged and broken. On top of that, the Bipod is NOT there and NEITHER is the certified target.
  • I am furious at this point so I get back in touch with Fierce and they say don't worry we'll make it right we'll send you a new grip and the bipod was shipped separately but it is arriving today don't worry. They then call me back 30min later and they tell me the bipod wasn't shipped because it was out of stock but NOW they found one and it is being shipped. They also mention that if they forgot to put the target in the box, then it is probably lying around their shop but they will look around for it and not to worry because the gun DEFINITELY works.

That is where I currently am in the saga. I am in Cali so I am in my 10-day waiting window and I'm also waiting for the new handguard to arrive. I am literally afraid to take this gun to the range to see if it can eject brass and function properly. These guys have their heads so far up their ass they don't seem to know what on earth is going on at their shop. They're plenty cooperative in terms of being willing to apologize, but when you spend $6k+ on a gun you expect a bit more than a bunch of apologies. Rant over haha but I did want to put it here because I wish I had known before I went through all of this.
Wow, that's a pain in the you know what! Sorry to hear about your experience. Hopefully when you get your Reaper everything works as it should. I don't think though I would be so hard on Fierce at this point. No other manufacture would have done what they are doing for you. Try calling Browning or Christensen and saying "hey, I don't want that rifle any more, I want another one, and throw in a bi-pod as well, oh and send me a new upgraded model as well". They will all say, "yea right, we don't do that, we will get your rifle fixed and send back to you, in 4-8 months"!

I had a Fierce Furry in 28 Nosler that had the same problem, I talked to some other smiths and they all said that Fierce is known for wearing out their reamers, and this causes the issue with stuck cases. When I called Fierce they didn't really admit to this, but took the gun back, polished the chamber and got it back to me. They also sent test target with a hand loaded load that turned out to be good. I never had another issue with the rifle, and eventually sold it to build a custom rifle. It took a lot of game, and always performed well.

I am also assuming the $6k you mention includes the optics, as the Rival Carbon is a $2,700.00 rifle and the Reaper is $2,900 rifle. Did you have to pay the uncharge? if not your getting a heck of a deal, and Fierce is Fierce is really going above and beyond to make it right!!

That's a hell of an ordeal. Never heard of Fierce before so looked them up. Their online reviews are decidedly "mixed" to say the least. Seems like they either get 5 star reviews, or 1 star. With horrible customer service being the chief complaint.

Yep agreed, I had seen similar mixed reviews and I wish I had taken better notice of the warning signs haha. I assumed that most brands are going to have some 1 star reviews but I figured the 5 star reviews were worth the risk. I was incorrect lolol.
Any particularly highly recommended companies when it comes to long range hunting rifles? Christensen even seems to be more reliable?

Any particularly highly recommended companies when it comes to long range hunting rifles? Christensen even seems to be more reliable?
How about Seekins?

Thanks for the idea!! That's true I've heard good things about Seekins and haven't done a lot of research on them yet. I'm going to look into them more closely now that you mention it. Appreciate it!

Reactions: Baron23
Thanks for the idea!! That's true I've heard good things about Seekins and haven't done a lot of research on them yet. I'm going to look into them more closely now that you mention it. Appreciate it!
A friend of mine shoots one in 6.5 PRC, mostly on pretty long range crop damage, and still loves it after 4 years or so. For what it’s worth.

I think if you look at their site, they are now working thru dealers but I think that’s fine for a growing company

Cheers

Yep agreed, I had seen similar mixed reviews and I wish I had taken better notice of the warning signs haha. I assumed that most brands are going to have some 1 star reviews but I figured the 5 star reviews were worth the risk. I was incorrect lolol.
A word of caution, I’ve been warned off of CA by a very highly regarded person in the training/instruction industry, there have apparently been a lot of accuracy complaints.

There are other sites with lots of love for fierce rifles. I’ve never shot one but have handled them a few times. Fit and finish is very nice and there action is super smooth! That’s all I can comment on

Fierce and CA are not in any of my safes. All my friends that have them helped me to decide that early on. It was so bad that several other forums kicked me off because real world results and issues are bad to talk about... guess they were a big sponsor of the crappy Forums

I would also highly recommend staying far, far away from Fierce Firearms. I ordered one at the Sports Show in Salt Lake City in February 2022. The salesman said that I should expect the rifle within ~12 weeks from date of order. After 14 weeks I called the rep that I purchased from and was told that I could expect it in two weeks. After an additional 4 weeks I called again, and the rep said it should be ready in two more weeks. Fast forward to the last week of August and still no communication and of course no rifle. I called the customer service line and expressed my concern for the delays and lack of communication. I also communicated that the reason that I ordered is because of the turnaround time as well as the complete package setup with the Sports Show Package discount. He put me on hold and after waiting 15 minutes he gets back on and says it will be ready in 1.5 weeks. The package that I purchased also included a Zeiss scope with a cut turret but Fierce didn't have the powder or bullets to test load data, so they were using a powder and bullets that I did not utilize but they stated that there would not be a change from the H1000 and 140 Bergers I am utilizing. I offered to conduct load data testing after receiving the rifle and supply that information for the cut turret, but it would not be available in time for the fall elk hunting season. I cancelled the order and of course had to forfeit my $500 deposit because apparently after 8 months of waiting it is not refundable (I knew when I ordered it was nonrefundable but that was under the Fierce stated 12-week timeframe), but I guess that is a better than giving Fierce an additional $3500 for a rifle that was tossed together at the last minute. I knew better than to go with a production-based company, but I guess we live and learn. I hope this helps with someone else's decision that is on the fence. Just my $.02.

Last edited:

That is where I currently am in the saga. I am in Cali so I am in my 10-day waiting window and I'm also waiting for the new handguard to arrive. I am literally afraid to take this gun to the range to see if it can eject brass and function properly. These guys have their heads so far up their ass they don't seem to know what on earth is going on at their shop. They're plenty cooperative in terms of being willing to apologize, but when you spend $6k+ on a gun you expect a bit more than a bunch of apologies. Rant over haha but I did want to put it here because I wish I had known before I went through all of thi

Sorry you had such ordeals. I guess I got lucky and got a gem from Fierce that made the 60 Year old hunter feel so much like the 30 Year old man with great eyesight and 15 years hunting under my belt. This gun I have is so WOW!!! For me. And I have made the bucks to buy the best.

I don’t understand why anyone would buy a fierce or CA when you can build a custom for the same money or very close to it.

Reactions: Judd
Anything that has two ejectors is a company that has morons for designers or engineers…run! They pressure up faster and don’t run near as fast as they should, they dent your brass and in general solve a problem that didn’t exist.

was reading on another forum about their horror stories. they sent one out with no rifling. crazy