• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors No need for class 3 ore 4 in Utah.. Governor signs

Re: No need for class 3 ore 4 in Utah ..very soon

Well this bill has been sent to the Governor and he is thinking about to sign the bill ore just let it go into effect
my question is what are the set time lines for a bill to go into effect with out the governers stamp ore does it vary per bill ??

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zevdogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well this bill has been sent to the Governor and he is thinking about to sign the bill ore just let it go into effect
my question is what are the set time lines for a bill to go into effect with out the governers stamp ore does it vary per bill ?? </div></div>

Found it my self

During the legislative session, the Governor may "approve" or "veto" a bill within ten days (excluding Sundays) or may refuse to sign it and allow the bill to become law "without approval" after the ten-day period has elapsed. A bill may become law regardless of the Governor's veto if it is passed by 2/3 majority of each house.

As of now suppressors and sbrs are legal in Utah ... Let the federal battle begin
Herbert signs controversial gun bill
By Robert Gehrke
The Salt Lake Tribune
Updated: 02/26/2010 01:52:04 PM MST

Utah Gov. Gary Herbert signed into law a bill that would exempt Utah-made guns from federal firearms regulations.
"There are times when the state needs to push back against continued encroachment from the federal government. Sending the message that we will stand up for a proper balance between the state and federal government is a good thing," Herbert said in a statement.
Following the lead of Montana and Tennessee, the action sets the state up for almost-certain litigation.
Herbert said that, given the state's budget difficulties, he was sensitive to the potential costs of a lawsuit, but he has been assured by Attorney General Mark Shurtleff that steps can be taken to minimize the cost of litigation.
Shurtleff has said the state can likely have any lawsuit put on hold while litigation over a nearly identical bill in Montana makes its way through the courts.
"With the confidence that SB11 will further the dialogue on this important issue without unduly burdening Utah taxpayers, I chose to sign the legislation," Herbert said.
Herbert said Thursday that he has concerns about the constitutionality of the bill and the costs associated with defending it. He said he has serious doubts that the lawsuit will even make it to the U.S. Supreme Court.
Legislative attorneys warned that the measure "is highly likely to be held to be unconstitutional," but lawmakers still rallied to support it and it passed both the House and
Advertisement

Senate with comfortable margins.
Sen. Margaret Dayton, R-Orem, the bill's sponsor, said in a statement that her measure "illustrates the universal yearning for freedom, and shows the people still feel the spark that inspired our ancestors at Lexington and Valley Forge. My hope is that the march toward tyranny can be turned back with our votes."
The measure exempts from federal firearms laws any guns, silencers, laser sights and magazines that are made in Utah, entirely from Utah materials and sold for use in the state.
Federal laws from which the products would be exempt deal with licensing of gun makers or sellers, criminal background checks, record-keeping and taxes.
The Utah-made products would be stamped, indicating they are made in the state, although the state has no system in place to regulate manufacturers, verify they are indeed Utah-made, or authority to enforce violations of the exemption.

When does North Carolina get this???
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When does North Carolina get this???
smile.gif
</div></div>

Plus ten thousand!

The battle has begtun in MT; IIRC we were the first on the books ...

I'd like to offer Tennessee as one of the next states.
Ronnie Barrett would pony up.

I was reading some information today about the McDonald v. Chicago case the Supreme Court recently heard. In that case the NRA (rightfully so) is supporting the proposition that Illinois does not have the right to abridge the rights granted to individuals to bear arms under the 2nd Amendment and mandated to the States through the 14th Amendment.

If this case is reversed, and the Chicago gun ban overturned, then this case would be the Federal Gov't telling the States that they can't abridge an individual's right to firearms. While out of the other side of the Fed's mouths they would state that they have the absolute right to restrict Utah's law unrestricting its citizen's rights to firearms.

If McDonald is reversed then it will be interesting to see how the Supreme Court reconciles the two views. Hope that rambling made sense.

KY is doing something similar, but it doesn't include machine guns or silencers.
mad.gif
WTF?

-X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KY is doing something similar, but it doesn't include machine guns or silencers.
mad.gif
WTF?

-X </div></div>

What's your source for that info?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zevdogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I say if California can sell pot against the federal laws we will have our gun rights bill </div></div>

They can't. See Gonzales v. Raich:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Downzero</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zevdogs</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well I say if California can sell pot against the federal laws we will have our gun rights bill </div></div>

They can't. See Gonzales v. Raich:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gonzales_v._Raich </div></div>

thanks for the link ... Good reading but it's still sold out of store fronts and the curent presedent has told the ATF to ignor them so all we need is a presdient to do the same for guns.... Maybee romnee ???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KY is doing something similar, but it doesn't include machine guns or silencers.
mad.gif
WTF?

-X </div></div>

What's your source for that info? </div></div>

KYshooter338, it is HERE.

-X

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mavrick10_2000</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pechan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thats the deal the federal laws have nothing to do with interstate commerce. Tell me were the interstate part comes in play:

Made in Wyoming, Bought in Wyoming, Shot in Wyoming, Kept in Wyoming. </div></div>

The Feds will state that the metals used in the suppressor were not mined and processed into usable form in the state nor were the welding materials to seal the can etc... Therefore interstate commerce applies.

That said, I hope the states win big time. </div></div>

What everyone seems to be missing is that the "commerce clause" has been ammended. No one has challenged it on those grounds, until now.

The MT law also said raw materials brought into MT to manufacture firearms did not make the firearm itself interstate commerce.

It's also the first time contract law has been brought into the argument.

As of today 26 states have introduced or passed this type of legislation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GCMxVeGeTa</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When does North Carolina get this???
smile.gif
</div></div>
Uh, yeah. Right. It *is* planned and being considered according to the map in the link HERE
but living in NC for nearly 50 years has taught me to advise you not to hold your breath!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Black-X</div><div class="ubbcode-body">KY is doing something similar, but it doesn't include machine guns or silencers.
mad.gif
WTF?

-X </div></div>

What's your source for that info? </div></div>

KYshooter338, it is HERE.
-X </div></div>

I checked your link and it looks like a good bill with a couple of reservations.

First, there is no provision for enforcement, such as in the Montana Act.

Second, machine guns will still be regulated. That's annoying.

Finally though, although it says that silencers are to be regulated in the summary, I couldn't find the wording for that in the actual legislation. Odd since it clearly spells out what does not fall under the purview of the bill.

Federal response in MT is to not ignore federal regulations ... we are still bound by them.

I literally just picked up my YH can today, which I purchased and have been waiting on the ATF for months now. haha. fuck me.