• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No stock pack with AICS

BravoXray

Odark30
Minuteman
Feb 16, 2009
Maryland
Okay forgive me if this post seems petty but...

In a few days I'll finally be upgrading from a Choate UV to an AICS. (had to crawl before I could walk) Taking a look at everyone's AI's here on the Hide I was wondering why no one uses a stock pack with it. Is it solely because of the adjustable cheek piece?

I plan on moving my old stock pack to the AIC when I get it because Im gotten used to shooting with it, just wanted to know if there some big reason why no one uses it with the AIC.

Re: No stock pack with AICS

I think you will find that most of us who use a stock pack on a standard stock, do so to raise the comb. Not so much for the storage. Since the AICS 1.5 and 2.0 have adjustable combs it's not an issue.

Nevertheless I have gotten requests for one and I am working on it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sgt Henry</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://sktindustries.com/catalog/doc13.pdf </div></div>

I'll have to keep that in mind. Like others, I like being able to have the dope for a particular rifle with that rifle and not have to fish it our of a pack or my pocket. That and the hex tool for my scope turrets.

Thanks guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think you will find that most of us who use a stock pack on a standard stock, do so to raise the comb. Not so much for the storage. Since the AICS 1.5 and 2.0 have adjustable combs it's not an issue.

</div></div>

Exactly

I have the SKT stock pack. Its a nice bit of gear if you wish to carry around a spare mag or tools, probably even fits a Kestrel but havnt checked yet.

I have a SKT stock pack and i love it. I contacted SKT and spoke with a very nice man who was very patient and answered all my questions. I asked him to add a few thing to there standard stock pack. I wanted him to add holes for the cheek screws, pouches to hold some allen wrenches and Velcro on the top of the flap so I could attach patches or name tap. They did this and only charged me $2 extra. The shipping was prompted he told me 2 weeks because he was out of od green material but it came in a week later. the pack is small hold a AI 10 round mag perfectly and it dose adds some height to the cheek rest but not much. The build quality is top notch. I say get one you will be happy with it. Ill also try to put a review up on YouTube some time soon.

please tell me when your review is up on youtube very interested in it

SKT Pack on a 2.0 folder. Loved it for carrying extra mags/wrenches/dope card. Only pic I have.

DSC02834.jpg

Only grip about it was that it has two sets of holes for the cheek piece to go through. One for when its installed on the left, the other when its installed on the right.

Well, these holes can be used to slide the pack forward and aft in two different mounting positions on each side. With the pack forward and mags in it, hit my arm.

With it to the rear, the HK hook smashed it when the sling was installed. Clearly the better way of the two to mount it was with the bag to the rear of the stock.

Now lets see if Nick chimes in and gives me crap about my sling on backwards.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SKT Pack on a 2.0 folder. Loved it for carrying extra mags/wrenches/dope card. Only pic I have.

DSC02834.jpg

Only grip about it was that it has two sets of holes for the cheek piece to go through. One for when its installed on the left, the other when its installed on the right.

Well, these holes can be used to slide the pack forward and aft in two different mounting positions on each side. With the pack forward and mags in it, hit my arm.

With it to the rear, the HK hook smashed it when the sling was installed. Clearly the better way of the two to mount it was with the bag to the rear of the stock.

Now lets see if Nick chimes in and gives me crap about my sling on backwards. </div></div>

Well, if you'd have put it on <span style="font-style: italic">properly</span>... ;D

How exactly was the sling interferring with the pack when in the rear position, though?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SRT Supply</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well, if you'd have put it on <span style="font-style: italic">properly</span>... ;D

How exactly was the sling interferring with the pack when in the rear position, though? </div></div>

Hahaha. Thanks! Well, I did install it properly, <span style="font-style: italic">BUT</span> the HK hook was smashing the pocket for the dope card. When installed properly, the back of the pack is far enough aft that when the rifle is slung, the HK hook smashed the area with the clear plastic window for the dope card holder. Now it wasn't a big deal, but I was afraid that if I continued to use it that way, I would have begun to fray the pack and destroy the plastic dope card window.

My solution was to slide the pack forward. Which really didn't help much as I ended up with the mag pouch side up against the inside of my firing arm.

So, I took my soldering iron, and put a set of holes in the pack that centered it up between the HK hook smashing the pack and the mag pouch hitting my arm. Everything ended up great.

It was a nice addition for the 5 round mags. But now that I use the 10rd AWs, I just don't have a need for it.

brand692 I have the same issue with HK hooks smashing into the pack a little... will have to try your soldering iron trick.

Gives me enough rounds for a station at the matches out at TVP, so works for me. May not be for everyone, but I like it.

Can any of you guys with the SKT show a pic of the opposite side of the pack with the window for your range card/dope?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SKT Pack on a 2.0 folder. Loved it for carrying extra mags/wrenches/dope card. Only pic I have.

DSC02834.jpg

</div></div>

What do you do when you need to shoot with your left hand?

This is not a duty weapon (toy for matches). If I had to use my left hand, I would rip the pack off as all you need to do is remove the cheek piece and loosen one strap. Again, may not be for everyone but I like it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: S1gnal</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can any of you guys with the SKT show a pic of the opposite side of the pack with the window for your range card/dope? </div></div>

5420.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ohiogunnut</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Where??? I can't see anything but a scope.
wink.gif
</div></div>

grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body">SKT Pack on a 2.0 folder. Loved it for carrying extra mags/wrenches/dope card. Only pic I have.

DSC02834.jpg

</div></div>

</div></div>

Well, that gets tough. But so does using a sling left handed when set up for a right handed shooter.

Honestly, if you are going to shoot it left handed, you have to pull the mags out of it and it collapses flat. But it would not be possible with mags in it.

Unless of course you do that sitting position that Vu had pictures of up a while back!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: brand692</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

</div></div>

Well, that gets tough. But so does using a sling left handed when set up for a right handed shooter.

Honestly, if you are going to shoot it left handed, you have to pull the mags out of it and it collapses flat. But it would not be possible with mags in it.

Unless of course you do that sitting position that Vu had pictures of up a while back!</div></div>

Yeah, I guess pulling the mags out wouldn't take too long. I'm just thinking of matches where you go into the stage not realizing that the course designer set it up to require a left handed shot. But I've never really seen the advantage to carrying stuff in a stock pack anyway, since at any competition where I need to carry an extra mag I'll have a belt or LBE or pack or something so maybe I'm just biased.