• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

No worries online knife retailers

JLTX

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2020
North Texas
I would like to seek SH recs for “no worries” online knife retailers. I recently had a fake delivered from an incredibly large online retailer. Easy to correct w that retailer, but going forward only want to deal w online retailers who are “authorized”. May be a lot to ask, but where do you go online for great selection, pricing, logistics and integrity? Thanks in advance!

EDC, Bushcraft, Hunting, Survival
My apologies for not stating this in the post. Appreciate any guidance/experience that you can pass on.

All that have been mentioned above are gtg. I've had good luck with Southern Edges and American Edge knives too.

Another satisfied user of KnivesShipFree. BladeHQ is also a long time dealer with a good record.

I have bought a mountain of shit from Knives Ship Free.

Beyond that I unless I m buying a knife from a maker I don't bother going through another company.

I have sold high end knives when I was doing that through Arizona Custom knives, and a few from them.

+1 for BladeHQ

Also if you can qualify Blue Ridge Knives is great for wholesale.

I buy from regularly and recommend:dlt trading, knivesshipfree, arizonacustomknives...they are my favorite online dealers. I highly recommend winkler and Half Face Blades, as well as bark river knives for fixed blades. I love Hoback and Curtiss folders, and microtech for out the front.

For non-custom, factory knives the following are good:
- Recon1
- Knives ship free
- Tri city custom knives
- Blade HQ
- Monkey Edge
- Knife art

You can also buy direct from Emerson knives, Chris Reeve Knives, Benchmade, Spyderco, and many other makers/manufacturers. Although the maker will charge MSRP. Most of the retailers sell at MAP.

Reactions: Cofercr
I would like to seek SH recs for “no worries” online knife retailers. I recently had a fake delivered from an incredibly large online retailer. Easy to correct w that retailer, but going forward only want to deal w online retailers who are “authorized”. May be a lot to ask, but where do you go online for great selection, pricing, logistics and integrity? Thanks in advance!

I'd recommend a custom knife as you'll get exactly what you are looking for and will fit your hand like a glove. And, all for a price less than what you think. My go to is Mike E. Miller in Chandler, OK. Easy to work with, very reasonable pricing, and very quick turn around-your choice of steel, pattern, features etc etc and each knife comes with a hand sewn sheath
Heck of a nice guy to boot!

You can check out some of his work here:

TM6

AG Russell carries a lot of blades from respected makers, as well as some house designed knives that seem to be nice, but are more budget friendly. Stopped in there on a trip a couple years ago. The staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Picked up a couple Doziers.

Thanks everyone! I will be using your recs this weekend to search and purchase some needed blades. Stay sane out there!

I bought a relatively unobtainable Chris Reeves Knife as a Christmas gift last year from these people. The real deal, and good service.

Knifecenter.com has been mentioned; sometimes pricier than other retailers, but a pretty good selection, and regularly have good specials, exclusive production runs, and close-outs.

One place that is often overlooked is CutleryShoppe. Jeff, the owner, is highly rated by some of the main knife combatives instructors, as someone to purchase from. He's also the exclusive stockist of the Bob Terzuola-designed Gryphon M10, the knife that James Keating's Drawpoint is based around, and is the defensive carry choice of many serious knifemen. Just sayin'.

Reactions: sneakyman
Knifecenter.com has been mentioned; sometimes pricier than other retailers, but a pretty good selection, and regularly have good specials, exclusive production runs, and close-outs.

One place that is often overlooked is CutleryShoppe. Jeff, the owner, is highly rated by some of the main knife combatives instructors, as someone to purchase from. He's also the exclusive stockist of the Bob Terzuola-designed Gryphon M10, the knife that James Keating's Drawpoint is based around, and is the defensive carry choice of many serious knifemen. Just sayin'.
Yupp!!! Forgot to mention cutleryshope! Very good service!

Lately I've been going directly to the manufacture to avoid the fake issues from retailers. That said I'll still use Blade HQ.

Reactions: JLTX
Thanks to everyone for the recs! Completed purchases today from 3 of the entities that were recommended.

Reactions: Chief_Rick
Continue to have great service at DLT. I am done with BladeHQ due to the skimming hack (my card was hit) and lack of accountability in their communications addressing the serious issue.