• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Nolser Bonded Solid Base

Doyle231

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 7, 2017
I've been trying to work up a load with these but haven't had a lot of luck. Although marketed and intended for gas autos, I've only loaded them for my bolt guns thus far. I know bonded bullets don't typically perform like match pills but I'd expect they'd hold better than 1.5 to 2 MOA. Anybody have any direct experience, input or suggestions? I'm running them at 2550 to 2650 F/S in a 1/12 twist.
20201120_143638.jpg

I bet if you try some different seating depths you'll find something that tightens up your groups. 2.62" sounds a bit short for a 308 (I assume 308 win based on speed).

I bet if you try some different seating depths you'll find something that tightens up your groups. 2.62" sounds a bit short for a 308 (I assume 308 win based on speed).
Yes, .308 Win. Sorry, I neglected to mention that important detail! It seems like the profile of this bullet should be fairly tolerant of some jump but it's worth a try.

I've been using the Nosler 140gr AB in my 260 Rem, 6.5-06 & 264 mag. Seated about .020 off the lands , groups have been running around 1/2" at 100yds, Look like as others have mentioned , play with the seating depth. Bonded bullets do seem to be a bit more temperamental.

Reactions: Doyle231