• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Nomad TI vs Trash Panda

Hondo1

Sergeant USMC
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 2, 2014
    Colorado
    I’m in the market for a new light weight suppressor, I have a Omega 300 that I’m using the Plan B on so I’d like to stay with something that works with the Cherrybomb muzzle breaks. Do any of you have any experience with both the Nomad TI and the Trashpanda? If so could you please provide some feedback between the two?

thanks,

6 one half dozen the other as far as performance, they are very similar cans. I would lean toward nomad ti. its more modular. you can keep using the plan b, and it'll come with a DT mount to throw on any 5/8x24 threaded rifle. Can change the end cap to a muzzle brake if you like. If in the future you want to change to a different mounting system, there is a good chance that you will be able to use that system with the nomad where the trash panda you can only use their cherry bomb mount. When you buy a can you damn near are locked into it for life, more modularity means more options for the future. Cost will be close to equal once you buy the plan b kit for the dead air, as the can itself is a little cheaper than the trash panda.

6 one half dozen the other as far as performance, they are very similar cans. I would lean toward nomad ti. its more modular. you can keep using the plan b, and it'll come with a DT mount to throw on any 5/8x24 threaded rifle. Can change the end cap to a muzzle brake if you like. If in the future you want to change to a different mounting system, there is a good chance that you will be able to use that system with the nomad where the trash panda you can only use their cherry bomb mount. When you buy a can you damn near are locked into it for life, more modularity means more options for the future. Cost will be close to equal once you buy the plan b kit for the dead air, as the can itself is a little cheaper than the trash panda.
    You have brought up some great points thanks

Nomad-Ti or Nomad-LT... Go with the LT for the ultimate lightweight hunting and PR can with the most sound suppression.

Last edited:
    Reactions: Ronin_64
    How do you like them compared to omega?
    Only time will tell, I will say the the Ti is ridiculous light weight. I will provide more thoughts between the here in about 6 to 8 months. Bought the L because my dealer cut me a solid deal on it and I have a couple of big .30’s it can live on.

The nomad ti with plan b is .2 oz lighter than Trash Panda. I have a Trash panda already and bought a nomad ti, then bought another Trash Panda. They are almost identical.I love trash panda and like that I don’t have to worry about end cap or plan b coming loose,but since nomad ti came out I was willing to buy it also.I would not of bought Nomad 30 cause it would weight a lot more but the Ti version is lighter

It doesn't get mentioned a lot, which I find kinda interesting considering how fast shooters are to burn folks/businesses to the ground as far as reputation goes, but Kevin Brittingham is a Grade-A Prick. Some of the products Q makes are top-tier and can contend with other top-tier offerings; however, that guy is the only one out of those top-tier folks that I've seen who is curt, dismissive, hostile, and arrogant when dealing with customer and community questions/complaints/critiques.

We applaud companies like TBAC, Dead Air, Vudoo, and many others not only for their innovation and quality but also for their prompt responsiveness to customers, including gripes and suggestions for improvements, and will consistently go the extra mile to "make it right" when a customer isn't happy. Mr. Brittingham, on the other hand, will simply inform the "offender" that they are ignorant, a liar, and other sundry charming offerings. I steer clear of Q, simply because I elect not to support someone who does business in such a repulsive manner.

Glad to hear you went with the Nomads, you'll only want more!

It doesn't get mentioned a lot, which I find kinda interesting considering how fast shooters are to burn folks/businesses to the ground as far as reputation goes, but Kevin Brittingham is a Grade-A Prick. Some of the products Q makes are top-tier and can contend with other top-tier offerings; however, that guy is the only one out of those top-tier folks that I've seen who is curt, dismissive, hostile, and arrogant when dealing with customer and community questions/complaints/critiques.

We applaud companies like TBAC, Dead Air, Vudoo, and many others not only for their innovation and quality but also for their prompt responsiveness to customers, including gripes and suggestions for improvements, and will consistently go the extra mile to "make it right" when a customer isn't happy. Mr. Brittingham, on the other hand, will simply inform the "offender" that they are ignorant, a liar, and other sundry charming offerings. I steer clear of Q, simply because I elect not to support someone who does business in such a repulsive manner.

I've actually heard that same thing from quite a few people. Ron Silvers is a piece of work, too. I used to deal with him over on the LWRC forum a decade ago.

"It doesn't get mentioned a lot" - maybe that answers itself. :unsure:

"It doesn't get mentioned a lot" - maybe that answers itself. :unsure:
    It isn’t hard to find, all of the listed things in my post were from a single thread here, which was the top google result for “Kevin Brittingham Snipers Hide.” I’m confident a casual search would turn up plenty more.

I know there are a lot of companies left out of the above list, but I wanted to take the time to mention the folks at Area 419. I had a end cap strike issue on a suppressor and Craig at Area 419 spent a let of his time and energy advocating on my behalf to Dead Air. I had a 300WM Proof barrel, Area 419 Hellfire brake and a DA Sandman and Area 419 checked the tolerances on the setup after I experienced an end cap strike. Craig then contacted DA and I ended up with a Nomad LT in exchange for the Sandman. Big shoutout to both Area 419 and Dead Air.

I was able to shoot next to a Nomad L this past weekend, it was noticeably quieter than my Omega. I’m now just as excited to get the L in my hands as I am the Ti

Reactions: FuhQ
    I was able to shoot next to a Nomad L this past weekend, it was noticeably quieter than my Omega. I’m now just as excited to get the L in my hands as I am the Ti
    I was impressed with my Sandman-S, especially on full-power 5.56 and 6.5 Grendel, and subsonic .300 BLK... I can't wait to see how quiet my Nomad-LT is. I ordered it to a different SOT, so I don't get conjugal visits with it until my stamps come back and I get to bring them home for good. Hopefully soon. May will be starting the 5th month since date of cash, so, they should be getting really close. 🤞🏼

Reactions: Hondo1