• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Non shooting tripod

kriller134

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jul 9, 2017
    I want a tripod for binoculars and a rangefinder but have no clue how to set this up. I also don’t want to spend a fortune getting this setup. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?
    Thanks.

i got this one i use for holding my binos and LRF. it used to be only $188 when i ordered it. i took the ugly camo sleeves off of it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XHFDYL4/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

it serves it's purpose. it technically has a weight capacity high enough to hold a rifle and shoot off of but it's obviously not as stable has the high end heavy duty tripods. this comes ready to accept any thing with a 1.5" dovetail (arca) mount. so for you binos you buy a bino tripod adapter like the vortex (cheap) or a outdoorsman bino adapter (more expensive but great). and it just clamps into the mount. then depending on which LRF you have, you can get aluminum or 3D printed arca/picatinny mounts that will clamp into the mount. some LRFs have a threaded hole that screws directly into the plate that comes with this tripod

buddy has this one - also good, but you need to buy a ball head separately

http://stores.hogsaddle.com/pig0311-g-field-tripod-od-green/

Attachments

• 0011DD85-4389-45B8-8526-85FE4D452EC4.jpeg
      0011DD85-4389-45B8-8526-85FE4D452EC4.jpeg
      372.4 KB · Views: 46
    • 2837A047-EEBD-493C-BDCA-843E75F06963.jpeg
      2837A047-EEBD-493C-BDCA-843E75F06963.jpeg
      691.4 KB · Views: 45
    Reactions: kriller134
    Vanguard Alta+233AO less than 2lbs. and less than $150. I hunt with a similar CF tripod that they discontinued and have made several longer shots using the bino platform as a rifle rest. There are several ways to mount your bins to a tripod. How big are your binoculars and do you need your tripod to be tall enough to stand and use? I glass from a sitting position so I do not need a tall set up.

I haven’t gotten my binos yet, but I’m going to get a 15x56. Is there something that’ll Mount both the binos and rangefinder at the same time?

Shadowtech PIG 0311. This will be a solid Tripp’s and you can shoot off it if you want to.