• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

none

Notsopractical

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
WA
Greets from Yakima Wa. Looking to get as much info on as many topics possible. Would like to be a participant with regards to "match" style events. Trying to narrow the caliber to get one started on a midrange budget. I am soaking up many videos and data to help with decisions, finding the right balance of info according to my needs. For some reason, I keep getting tangled up in the barrel length fixation at distances, barrel contours, twist. Possibly I've watched, "Quigly Down under" once too many times. The long shot has always intrigued me to a point where now my interest has sparked the next progressive step, making it happen. I find the accumulation of acquiring dope data quite interesting and a challenge. I grew up in southeast Alaska, mostly open site country, little need for windage, etc., though much to say, still offered unforeseen conflicting variances. In the days past should one be entertained by a sudden fish breath grizzly, a scope, regardless of cost, would have been needed should say the grizz be wanting to eat it first instead of you. Did a film when I was about 15, believe 1971, with a wildlife photographer. I actually accompanied him to carry a weapon as backup just in case. The place, Annan Creek, south of Wrangell, Ak. The rifle, my dad's 30-40 Kreig, 220 load. The need never arose, but I do remember the hair on the back of my neck getting prickly a time or two. The short film produced was a success and the photographer, Gordon Loyld, ended up moving to south Africa to continue in wildlife filming. As most of those days are long gone, not forgotten, I will beholding to all for any information in my next quest, rock in the pond, portal to bucket list, something like that. Any-hoot, there is but a small tidbit.

Welcome to the forum. I'm just down the road from you in Tri-Cities. If you haven't already, look into the Tri-Cities shooting association's range. They've got some sort of match almost every week out on their 1000 yd range.