• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Terminus Zeus - 6.5CM to 6.5PRC using Gravity Ballistics

Lowlight

HMFIC of this Shit
Staff member
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Apr 12, 2001
    Base of the Rockies
    www.snipershide.com
    Filmed a caliber swap using my Terminus Zeus, moving from 6.5CM 6.5PRC.

Once the barrel and bolt were changed, I then had to dope the rifle out to distance. To do this I used the Gravity Ballistics App.

The only requirement for Gravity Ballistics is a 100 yard zero, after that, Mils, MOA, Meter or Yards it does not matter because this probably looks at Gravity and does not need a laundry list of inputs.

Super Easy, you can then take this Pre-Trued Data and use it to insert into your favorite App for traveling. If you use a home range, Gravity Ballistics will work 100%, however many of us travel to different locations and the ability to predict your new data based on the location is better served using something like a Kestrel. Gravity Ballistics makes doping your Kestrel easier than ever.

The Gravity Ballistics data is used to line up 600 yards with your Kestrel's MV controls and 1000 yards using the BC number. It's 25fps per .1 Mil, or when you hit 1000 if you need to change that use the middle number of the BC (.0X0) to adjust at the further ranges.

Try it...

Filmed a caliber swap using my Terminus Zeus, moving from 6.5CM 6.5PRC.

Once the barrel and bolt were changed, I then had to dope the rifle out to distance. To do this I used the Gravity Ballistics App.

The only requirement for Gravity Ballistics is a 100 yard zero, after that, Mils, MOA, Meter or Yards it does not matter because this probably looks at Gravity and does not need a laundry list of inputs.

Super Easy, you can then take this Pre-Trued Data and use it to insert into your favorite App for traveling. If you use a home range, Gravity Ballistics will work 100%, however many of us travel to different locations and the ability to predict your new data based on the location is better served using something like a Kestrel. Gravity Ballistics makes doping your Kestrel easier than ever.

The Gravity Ballistics data is used to line up 600 yards with your Kestrel's MV controls and 1000 yards using the BC number. It's 25fps per .1 Mil, or when you hit 1000 if you need to change that use the middle number of the BC (.0X0) to adjust at the further ranges.

Try it...

Hi Frank - can you show an example of using the middle digit in your BC for truing. Not duee I understand. Thanks

I can, I will do a Quick Look, but in the meantime

After you dope and true your rifle, you have real numbers that are verified, you need to put that in the kestrel. So build your profile as normal.

For me,

1. I start off with a MV placeholder, you can chronograph, but software uses MV to adjust so the number will change anyway

2. It’s +/- 25fps per .1 mil

3. Adjust MV to line up 600 yard data. I want 600 yard dope to match

4. Check 800 and 1000, if those are off (they may not be but most likely off by .2, so you use BC to move that to match.

I use the middle number to move up or down ( no rule of thumb) in order to align 1000 yards.

Reactions: Baron23 and aam
    Frank what was the suppressor you used. And does the use of one change the data. I am thinking it does but is there an average?

I can, I will do a Quick Look, but in the meantime

After you dope and true your rifle, you have real numbers that are verified, you need to put that in the kestrel. So build your profile as normal.

For me,

1. I start off with a MV placeholder, you can chronograph, but software uses MV to adjust so the number will change anyway

2. It’s +/- 25fps per .1 mil

3. Adjust MV to line up 600 yard data. I want 600 yard dope to match

4. Check 800 and 1000, if those are off (they may not be but most likely off by .2, so you use BC to move that to match.

I use the middle number to move up or down ( no rule of thumb) in order to align 1000 yards.
    Thanks Frank...I got it...well, I think I do. You are incrementing the middle number of the BC up or down to match field results at 1k. Example....BC = 0.607 So, go up to .617 or down to .597....etc.

Thanks for the reply...I totally misunderstood what you were referring to.

Cheers

Last edited: