• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noob from Chicago land.

adubeau

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Dec 16, 2019
Peoples Republic Of Illinois
Hello, I am new to this LRP game, my setup is a Bergara BMP - 6.5 CM, was going to do a 308 but after research and trolling here 6.5 CM seems to be a better choice. I topped it with a Steiner T5xi 5x25-56 on a 20 MOA base. Steiner recommends a 45 MOA base - but I couldn't find one.. I have about 22.5 MILS out 23.1 after sighting in @ 100yds on the 20 MOA base - from what I gather this should be more than enough for 1000yds... My goal is to do the milk jug challenge @ Long range shooters of Utah - my bro is in CO and is about 4hrs from the range they use, they sell a steel target in the shape of a jug which I did order for shits and giggles.. Looking forward to learning a lot from many of you here on the forum...

Reactions: Zorrosdens
welcome from delaware just to ask are there places in or around Chicago you can go to practice at ?

Reactions: adubeau
welcome from delaware just to ask are there places in or around Chicago you can go to practice at ?
Yep - I am a member of a club and have access to 100 to 600yd range.. You have to be a member and qualify on the 600yd range, which I did.. There are 1000yd ranges in southern IL you're looking at 4 - 5 hr road trip.. or drive to Indiana or Iowa.

Welcome from CO.

Where are you from in chicongo? I grew up in northern IL and am kinda familiar with the Chicago area

Welcome “A”, from SC, liked reading that write up. They have targets for everything probably, that’s funny the milk jug steel 😉😎🤙 But must be better than the real deal. 😉

Oh I will, I had a little problem with my account - it was rejected due to using a VPN when I signed up, I finally got off my ass and sent an email to forum support and it was fixed right away - so here I am.

Reactions: Zorrosdens
I use one don’t know if I had to turn it off when I joined, that’s possible, but since going to ExpressVPN set to UDP configuration it’s been great nearly ever have to turn it off for anything, way better than Norton I had. 🤙

I live in Aurora... I go to CO once or twice a year to visit my brother in Gypsum.. Love the area he lives , all mountains , wild life and Squatches..
Nice, I love the mtns. Some day I will live in the hills, maybe not in CO but definitely somewhere with mtns

I grew up west of Rockford and made a few trips to Chicagoland. If you’re into sports I started a Bears thread to be pessimistic in, if you’re interested