• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Noob question for AR 10 reloading powder selection

Rateoftwist

Gentle Ben
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 22, 2017
Apex NC
Hey all,
I am brand new to reloading. I have a few basic questions and really appreciate any feedback. I understand that any load recommendations are subjective but still seeking advice on the following:
1. Type of clean burning powder to use in an LMT MWS suppressed 308 AR 10 with 18-20 inch barrel for hunting first and target shooting to 600-700 yards second?
2. I was considering alternatives to the 308, but heard that the LMT MWS tend to shoot the best with 308 and are less likely to have feeding issues unless anyone has any other cartridge recommendations?
2. Anyone know of any lead free ammo that is boat tail and works as well as Barnes TSX for lower velocity expansion at range for the 308?

The PVA copper hunting bullets should be good but probably too long for the magazine.
Varget for 175gr bullets.
Something a little faster like H4895 for lighter bullets.

I use IMR 4064 and 168smk basically replicate FGMM and Barnes 168grn Tsx with 4064 in my 16inch GII with my Sd-6 can no issues just adjust the gas block

Reactions: Rateoftwist